• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
If it's not DX12 it would be the second big game that Nvidia threw money at to remove DX12.... so I'd call that an Nvidia fail.

Nah it'll be DX12, Pascal will have more support for it :D

Maxwell users are gonna get thrown under the bus :p

Come on nVidia, **** your customers like we know you will! Don't disappoint now ;)

Caporegime
all companies will do what they can if they want to succeed.

if you believe otherwise you are deluded :p

if you have so much invested in a product and you have a issue you are going to try and resolve it.

thats why whenever speculation is rife about something just look at what makes business sense.then you will get the answer long before its known ;)

i love AMD but they slipped up on games they keep picking to partner with. if nvidia are now indeed working with dice as main partner thats a big fail.

one of the biggest games they were tied with that was actually worth promoting is battlefield. rest are pretty bad.

most of the dx 12 crap they trying to promote is going no where. you need big titles. now ashes of nothing. :p

Associate
This whole order of 10 thing with the live countdown if This is indeed nvidia something tells me that the public will be able to find out some information based on pascal this Friday as it was rumored to be a secret event well with this countdown it's no secret now let's wait for Friday 9pm :D

Associate
This whole order of 10 thing with the live countdown if This is indeed nvidia something tells me that the public will be able to find out some information based on pascal this Friday as it was rumored to be a secret event well with this countdown it's no secret now let's wait for Friday 9pm :D
geez, that would be funny if it was supposed to be a secret event - which has back-fired. I doubt its the 'case' although :p

Soldato
i nvidia are playing us

i think they want us to think that it is a secret event thats been leaked by accident. however really they didnt tell the youtubers anything because, they wanted it leaking so people considering buying Polaris would reconsider & wait longer :)

Soldato
Theres no way this is "leaked". Sending out special boxes is normal form, part of the hype building.

The leak was the fact we found out press were getting invites for May 6th, but the fact these boxes went out without an NDA so they could be posted on twitter, and the website with the countdown, this is official release material, so it does indeed look like we will know more on Friday.

Actual reviews and stock look like they will be later, but the countdown suggests basic info going public on Friday.

Associate
geez, that would be funny if it was supposed to be a secret event - which has back-fired. I doubt its the 'case' although :p

This is intentional, since this order of 10 didn't come with an NDA that enabled everyone who got one to share it thus all of their followers are able to see therefor building the hype and making everyone aware of an announcement come Friday..... can't wait!! :D

Caporegime
What do you think "Power of Ten" relates too?

Probably a combination of them saying Pascal would be 10x faster than Maxwell (combining lots of different parameters though) and also the fact that it looks like this will be the 10XX series ( 1080/1070/1060) as I doubt those cooler shroud pictures were fake..

Associate
Probably a combination of them saying Pascal would be 10x faster than Maxwell (combining lots of different parameters though) and also the fact that it looks like this will be the 10XX series ( 1080/1070/1060) as I doubt those cooler shroud pictures were fake..

10 series I get that was also wondering about the "Power of 10" maths wise how does that figure?

Back
Top Bottom