• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
Yep, still not seeing where Nvidia paid anybody to get rid of DX12.

You will never see any real facts of anyone paying anything, unless there are some whistleblowers or major leaks within the company. Otherwise we are just speculating ;)
But let's say the rumour that Pascal intro will have something related BF5 tells you something that nvidia shelled out a lot of money to get this promotion, as Dice has been known to be in bed with AMD (mantle). Same with Tomb raider: AMD tech used and developed with AMD, yet promoted by nvidia. Seems nvidia is pushing major amounts of money recently to get some promotions under their belts.

Soldato
You will never see any real facts of anyone paying anything, unless there are some whistleblowers or major leaks within the company. Otherwise we are just speculating ;)
But let's say the rumour that Pascal intro will have something related BF5 tells you something that nvidia shelled out a lot of money to get this promotion, as Dice has been known to be in bed with AMD (mantle). Same with Tomb raider: AMD tech used and developed with AMD, yet promoted by nvidia. Seems nvidia is pushing major amounts of money recently to get some promotions under their belts.
Companies spending money for promotions with certain games is no secret. I actually doubt much money is thrown around here, as the devs also get a whole lot of free marketing for their games through these partnerships as well, along with any technology implementations and of course what is likely to be the utmost dedication from the GPU manufacturer in providing support. But anyways, for the sake of argument, yea, these companies are throwing money at things for promotional purposes.

But accusing companies of giving developers money to get rid of DX12 is not just 'not supported by facts', it is completely *baseless* speculation. Just smear campaign tactics by people who have it out for Nvidia.

Last edited:
Caporegime
10 series I get that was also wondering about the "Power of 10" maths wise how does that figure?

Under certain compute tasks Pascal GP100 is 10x faster than the previous big compute chips,Kepler GK100. Even the smaller Pascal chips in the Drive PX2 using some real world benchmark is showing 5x performance of Drive PX1. But a lot of this is not directly transferable to gaming. Some of it is also related to things like Pascal having FP16 half precision support, so for some tasks, which are especially common in deep learning, Pascal has twice the throughput of Kepler which is forced to run FP32.

The gaming cards wont be 10x faster than Maxwell or Kepler, and Nvidia never said it would.

Caporegime
Companies spending money for promotions with certain games is no secret.

Accusing companies of giving developers money to get rid of DX12 is not just 'not supported by facts', it is completely *baseless* speculation. Just smear campaign tactics by people who have it out for Nvidia.

Just ignore these people, they are probably the same people who think the moon landing was fake and 911 was an inside job. Conspiracy theory butters without a shred of evidence.

bru

bru

Soldato
So what are the chances of BF5 being coded to utilise the FP16 power of Pascal, it could almost be twice the throughput of FP32 if some of the Pascal tech rumours are true.

As for the power of ten, Pascal only has to be able to beat Maxwell by the power of ten in one single metric for that to be accurate, so don't go expecting 10 times the FPS in games, because as much as we might like to happen, it isn't going too.

The way it is looking, it is all NVidia's to lose at this point.
With a bigger chip than Polaris, we are pretty much certain that GP104 will be a good bit faster than Polaris 10, or at least in a different market segment. So it is all going to depend on the pricing and how soon after GP104 NVidia can get GP106 out the door.
If NVidia are smart they will go with lower pricing, making it more difficult for AMD, but of course they might look at it and think well we can charge more because of not so fierce competition in that segment.

I do hope not but we ill soon see. Well maybe not as far as pricing goes, seeing as it certainly seems that NVidia are launching first, they might hold of on pricing till availability at Computex.

Caporegime
The thing is, you also have no proof/facts to de-bunk any of these claims...

Companies are dirty and will do things that they shouldn't be allowed to, the fact that Samsung paid people to go trash their competition i.e. HTC on online forums etc. shows just how far companies will go no matter how big/popular they are.

Essentially don't be so naive and think companies play by the books as chances are they don't, not when millions of £/$ of profit are involved.

EDIT:

BTW, has it actually been confirmed that BF 5 is going to be a nvidia sponsored game or is it just people assuming that because 2 events are on the same day that they are both linked/in bed together?

Last edited:
Associate
BTW, has it actually been confirmed that BF 5 is going to be a nvidia sponsored game or is it just people assuming that because 2 events are on the same day that they are both linked/in bed together?

Also at two different times, in two different city's & two different continents...but hay might as well say a certain games number 3 is confirmed using the logic some websites have been using on this rumour

Last edited:
Permabanned
What a bunch of sad gits just release the god damm details. I swear if that box landed on my door with a riddle i would re-box it promto and carry on with my day instead of wasting it. I mean christ going all super hero on a release that everyone knows it going to suck and dissapoint.

The 980 was billed as a 1080P alternative to 780 remember that one? The main thing was the feature set. And now suddenly Nvidia are feeling all generous/boisterous and are going to give you all this monster you are obviously convincing yourselves existed which it never ever did.

Also traditionally they milk it with a Titan first for 5 months before pooping on the Titan users and selling that for £500 as a 1080 without the x2 VRAM. Because they keep that and thier multi-screen slaves under lock and key obviously. So all in all i am actually going to expect Titan reveal before the 1080. And when 1080 comes i will get a 50% upgrade from my 980. This is always how it was planned give them 50% from the last generation and anything else milk it.

Soldato
Depends I guess. I can't see the 1080 being had for cheaper than £450-500. Depends just how big of a performance jump.

Second hand Ti's are likely to be about £300 though i agree, if these performance rumours are correct that is.

All these triangle things. Means earlier kryten shaped GPU is true? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom