• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
I dont think it is a 1080 score to be honest. Or if it is its not a very good one.

Both the Titan X and 980Ti can beat that graphics score on firestrike extreme.
We'll have to wait for actual gaming benchmarks. I've never liked these artificial benches much.

Also keep in mind that it's using a stock(non k) 3770.

Associate
That would probably put the 1070 at around £3-350, ballpark 980ti performance level. Will be really interesting to see where Polaris fits in. Rumours about performance are pretty vague atm, but it sounds like it might put some pressure on the 1070 if the price is right.

Well it seems that staying tight lipped hasnt done Nvidia any harm, so maybe AMD are doing the same for the moment. My guess (and that is all it is) is that Polaris 10 will go head to head with the 1070 but maybe at a slightly lower price and Vega will go up against the 1080/Ti at the end of the year or beginning of next year. Maybe AMD will have something up their sleeve...who knows...obviously we also have the DX12 performance edge with AMD at the moment and maybe that will put Polaris 10 on a better footing against the 1080....I really dont know, but who does?

Sadly this is more and more commonplace. Several people in this thread want to see fail from NVidia, where I would hope that any sane person would want to see both AMD and NVidia having beast cards. I don't understand the mentality of people like Flopper and Muzigaz.

Sitting at my computer today, if the 1080 is 20% faster than a 980Ti and comes with 8GB of GDDR5 (hell, even if it is 256 bit) and costs £420, I will be seriously thinking of grabbing one. The same for Polaris and will be considering that also. I don't really want to jump early and would rather hold out for the big cards but hell, I cleared well over £400 in OT last month, so what the hell :D

Flopper only seems to post when he escapes from his padded cell on the odd occaision and most of his comments are not of this planet anyway. I can't recall Muzigaz going off on one too badly, but there are some who seem to have that "Liverpool V Man Utd" love for each other on here. ;)

Hey Greg, I thought you were going to keep yer Titan X and not be tempted by the new line up until the "Big Boys" arrive. :D You are cracking already and they havent even been released yet. Shame on you Sir, I thought you were made of sterner stuff. :p

I guess you can't take the money with you when you go, so you may as well do something with it. Mind you I am sure your other half could turn it into something that is not a new GFX card......a new fridge/Freezer/Washing Machine or even a weekend away. :eek: :D

Soldato
Tmrw is going to give us a very distorted picture though of course, as naturally Nvidia are going to pump the hell out of the new cards and get everyone excited. We won't REALLY know until reviews come out.

Associate
Tmrw is going to give us a very distorted picture though of course, as naturally Nvidia are going to pump the hell out of the new cards and get everyone excited. We won't REALLY know until reviews come out.

I'll put a huge bag of popcorn on the grocery list for Friday Night :p
We all know the green team will go crazy mad for this info on Saturday morning and the you tube channels will be buzzing by Saturday Night. I have a feeling it's going to be a paper launch but hopefully lots of good info.

Stand by yer beds chaps
:D

Soldato
mabe 8pack and gibbo will do reviews again
would be pretty cool
hard to trust review sites these days
Which review sites can you not trust? :/

I have preferences who I think do a more comprehensive job than others, but I haven't seen many totally disreputable sites.

Soldato
My guess (and that is all it is) is that Polaris 10 will go head to head with the 1070 but maybe at a slightly lower price

That's my guess too. I think Polaris will be slower than the 1070, but the price and TDP will more than make up for it, and current DX12 benchmarks will make it look better. I think both products will be very compelling. There doesn't seem to be anything going up against the 1080, so I suspect it's gonna be priced higher than we'd like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom