• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
Absolute ********, the longer it stays, the better. It's a paradigm shift and the best PC upgrade I've had in many years. I can tell you've never tried it.

Quite why people think Nvidia will adopt freesync when it's their GPUs that are selling by the truckload is rather baffling. Gsync is going nowhere and AMD would be wise to adopt it as it's the superior implemention anyway.

Gsync will evolve into a standard like freesync and be available on every monitor with freesync in time or the two standards will become one under a new name that supports both technologies or may introduce a new technology which is better than both and that both will use as it will become a industry standard and backward compatible with Gsync and freesync too so not to upset previous adopters. Nvidia and AMD 3D technologies were both a bit of a bad joke and can't be compared to a technology that consumers really want and not a novelty like 3D is/was. I have a feeling VR will head into the same area as 3D did in time, it's just a new tech that people want to try and are bored of current technology and want to try something new but the bubble will burst on that too in time and we will talk about it like 3D. VR in my opinion is still not ready and will not be for many years yet, it's still too basic and the visual quality is pretty bad and feels like we went back a few generations in image quality.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Here's your chance to join the ORDER of 10.
The first 50 to finish will earn a pair of VIP tickets to tonight's special NVIDIA event!

DIRECTIONS

Click and follow any THREE of the trails below to the temporal shard they lead to. Follow all instructions carefully. You will need a smart phone with a camera and access to a browser.

Associate
The site is up. There's 5 trails, all of which appear to be a google map location in Austin, Texas. You get a T-shirt and tickets to the event 'this evening.

Totally useless for most, it was just an announcement for the announcement they already made. :D

Soldato
I don't really want to hate on FreeSync - but only someone who hasn't had extensive experience of using both would say that (even if some aspects of that is down to the monitor manufacturers rather than the adaptive sync standard itself).

Have both, used both, both the same, only difference is using window mode as discussed earlier.

What the monitor manufacturers decide to do is their business. It's not the sum of what Freesync/adaptive sync can do.

Back
Top Bottom