• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
The G'ist of syncs will be around for a while yet unless nVidia suddenly lose a lot of discrete GPU share.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this event tonight is even about the new cards...

Associate
Cars, cars, cars, deep learning, super computers/HPC, MoustacheWorks, cars, Tegra, Shield, cars, VR, cars...

lol I think Nvidia would have a lot of angry fans if this was the case, though this isn't that type of event, besides it's being advertised on the geforce webpage hinting that we're definitely going to see Pascal this morning! not much longer now guys! hopefully release date will be revealed instead of "around June" can't wait to grab a pair of ref 1080s :D

Soldato
OP
You gotta be ****ing mad to stay up for this. Goto bed and get up early if you must :D

Agreed.. My cynical side is sensing milking and disappointment...

Most of, if not all of the event will be boring, I'm sure cars will come up a lot then at the end we get to look at the prototype Maxwell Pascal card (Wait that was the last Nvidia event thing) Finally be told we can buy it for the high end price the mid tier cards deserves but not for another 2 months :D

I just want the 1070 to be priced fairly (The 970 was, gimped memory aside good value), I care not for the pretender 1080. Will get excited for the real deal stuff next year though. On paper at least the full Pascal part looks like a monster.

1070 > 1080 Ti or Full Polaris / Vega in Nano flavor plz.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lets just assume that polaris is better in every way than pascal and people with their gsync screens want to move to AMD/polaris, it means that they will lose the main feature of their monitor so if they want the same judder, screen tear free experience then they will also have to buy a new adaptive/free sync monitor at the same time and for some that is going to be a very expensive outlay.

There is absolutely zero chance that Polaris will be so much better that it will warrant the cost of a monitor and GPU change for me.

Back
Top Bottom