• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
Just gotta get some proper benches on these, but I must say at first glance that is impressive. Prices seem good too.

Greg, you wanna hope your Titan X has sold earlier LOL :p

They are definately going for AMD with Pascal.

AMD are gonna have to go some with Vega to go up against 1080. I really think they are trying to bury Polaris.

Be great if AMD can pull something out of the bag that is just as impressive though. We'll just have to wait and see.
;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia have a faster card in the pipeline to compete with Vegas later
I'd like to see vegas bet Nvidia's top offering by a good 20% this round

Soldato
Wonder what's gonna happen to the current card prices then. They must be about to plummet. They can't sell a 1080 for £500 then a 980ti which is half as good for £600. £200 for a new 980ti anybody? :p

Caporegime
I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia have a faster card in the pipeline to compete with Vegas later

They have GP100 at the very least, with rumours of a GP102 which is likely a gaming optimized big Pascal. They definitely have an HBm2 card on the way for the end of the year, early 2017.

Soldato

Yep, hinted at cards being the first Pascal cards. There's bound to be an extreme one later.

TitanX, now obsolete :).

Last edited:
Soldato
1070 for me based on that. There's no way i'm spending £550 on a graphics card, which I expect is the price point the 1080 will hit in the UK.

Soldato
The 980 was $549, and best price in the UK at launch was around £420.

Given the weak £ at the moment a £500 starting price for the 1080 seems probable. And I would guess around £320 for a 1070.

Founder Edition adds around £80.

Back
Top Bottom