• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Man of Honour
Yer, with the die shrink, I would be disappointed if it wasn't at least 45% faster than my TX in truth.

Gaming performance will probably be impacted a bit by the increased ratio of compute capabilities - also likely to be a mixed story where older and contemporary games probably won't see as big a difference as DX12 titles where the gains are likely to be considerably larger over Maxwell.

Mobster
Soldato
There is another rumour just starting that Pascal will not support hardware Async Shaders.

And yes anything less than Hexus quoted numbers would be major disappointment ;)

HyperQ is async and is supported in Maxwell, wonder what fanboy or planted news story is making up the rumour that its not supported I wonder.

Caporegime
What we know so far about the GP100 chip.
  • Pascal microarchitecture.
  • DirectX 12 feature level 12_1 or higher.
  • Successor to the GM200 GPU found in the GTX Titan X and GTX 980 Ti.
  • Built on the 16FF+ manufacturing process from TSMC.
  • Allegedly has a total of 17 billion transistors, more than twice that of GM200.
  • Taped out in June 2015.
  • Will feature four HBM2 stacks, for a total of 16GB of VRAM for the consumer variant and 32GB for the professional variant.
  • Features a 4096bit memory interface.
  • Features NVLink and support for Mixed Precision FP16 compute tasks at twice the rate of FP32. 2016 release, estimated to be out during the Summer break.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gp100-pascal-gpu-spotted-shipping-manifest/#ixzz3mTxVkMAR

Soldato
OP
This looks good. Going to be so hard to resist the overpriced full chip.. Especially if it takes Nvidia a while to release the chip that performs better and nearly half the price, i.e TX > 980 Ti :p

Curse you Nvidia... I think I'll just put some pennies aside and go all in with the biggest chip at launch.. Likely make the jump to 4K at the same time.. Hopefully these new GPU's will be up to the task for at least high (Not Ultra) settings.

Soldato
Curious to see what they do with the Titan brand in future. It's pretty vague as is, maybe they will come up with an official differentiation for it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
What we know so far about the GP100 chip.
  • Pascal microarchitecture.
  • DirectX 12 feature level 12_1 or higher.
  • Successor to the GM200 GPU found in the GTX Titan X and GTX 980 Ti.
  • Built on the 16FF+ manufacturing process from TSMC.
  • Allegedly has a total of 17 billion transistors, more than twice that of GM200.
  • Taped out in June 2015.
  • Will feature four HBM2 stacks, for a total of 16GB of VRAM for the consumer variant and 32GB for the professional variant.
  • Features a 4096bit memory interface.
  • Features NVLink and support for Mixed Precision FP16 compute tasks at twice the rate of FP32. 2016 release, estimated to be out during the Summer break.

Drool... Me wants :D

Associate
Can we expect Pascal to cost similar to the 980Ti on release (£550/$650)?

If it's really so much faster than 980Ti/Titan X I'll probably save up and buy one or two.

Associate
Can we expect Pascal to cost similar to the 980Ti on release (£550/$650)?

If it's really so much faster than 980Ti/Titan X I'll probably save up and buy one or two.

it depends how titan x equivalent is with DP performance. if it is not gimped too much, titan x pascal will cost an arm and a leg. and they will try to milk market as much as possible with delaying 980ti pascal release.
Unless AMD shows up to the fight in shape and on time, then there will be cookies :)

Associate
I can't see myself ever buying the flagship GPU after what they did with the 980Ti to be honest, but eh, if I have the money at the time, why not? :p

I'm taken aback a little by just how big the gap between Maxwell and Pascal is rumoured to be, but this is the first time I would be 'into' technology with a die shrink.

Associate
We had this jump of performance before. I remember radeon 5870 kicking around my two 4890s. It was twice as fast as single 4890. What an upgrade it was for me ;)

Back
Top Bottom