• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
I'm sure that they will release the GP104 by Q3 at least. I'm sure the 1070 will have HBM and be less than 450 too. The 1080 will probably be an even larger markup than the 980 though.

One thing to take into consideration, NV probably don't want the extra R&D spend on GDDR5 interface which would be needed going forward (theirs is not as efficient) so I think it might be HBM across the board and just focus on that.

Man of Honour
I'm sure that they will release the GP104 by Q3 at least. I'm sure the 1070 will have HBM and be less than 450 too. The 1080 will probably be an even larger markup than the 980 though.

One thing to take into consideration, NV probably don't want the extra R&D spend on GDDR5 interface which would be needed going forward (theirs is not as efficient) so I think it might be HBM across the board and just focus on that.

I think it will be HBM across the board as once this process is in common use it will work out cheaper to manufacture than the older GDDR5 cards.

As to price points I think NVidia will use the ones used by Maxwell for example the Pascal Titan will be about the same price as the Maxwell one and so on for the other cards in the Pascal range.

Associate
I think it will be HBM across the board as once this process is in common use it will work out cheaper to manufacture than the older GDDR5 cards.

As to price points I think NVidia will use the ones used by Maxwell for example the Pascal Titan will be about the same price as the Maxwell one and so on for the other cards in the Pascal range.

Yes you are probably right Kaapstad. Regardless of specification price will dictate for the average buyer.

Soldato
I don't know the prices yet but I think ill only be able to afford one titan. I am hoping that its still going be a noticeable upgrade from my titan black sli. I will most probably end up getting another later down the line. But it would be nice if one card will be more powerful than two titan blacks.

Soldato
WHY!?

If this is referring to gaming cards (not professional cards), 8GB should be plenty, and the only thing that the extra 8GB vram is good for is for marking up the price :(

1080TI 16GB version (aka Titan) anyone? :D

Soldato
will you get titans again, or go with the less vram version of the same?

I went with Titans the first time (was running 7680x1440), but being able to sell my 3 and replace them with 2 980ti's for about £50 extra, I went that route as didn't see the point in 12GB at this time

even if the Titan and non-Titan Pascal cards are 16 and 8, I also can't see much reason to go with a 16GB card over getting a pair of 8GB cards say (and I can quite see 8GB being mainstream with 12GB being the non-Titan and 16 on the Titan)

Caporegime
This didn't need its own thread, and Kaap's headline is not only misleading it's not what the article says in fact. I left some comments in the other thread, which I can't be bothered to repeat here.

Soldato
Well me personally need as much "future proof" as possible. As I have 4 years of education ahead of me and very little income. So most probably the titan with the 16gb. I play a range of games from indie to the demanding AAA games.

Soldato

Ok so they will do it, then charge £1000+ for the cards. And you silly consumers will snap them up.

Sigh

A pascal Titan Z x2 with two GPU cores of 8Gb each is feasible but yes it will be super expensive live the original Titan Z (£3000+ at lunch I recall) I suspect this what it is. No single GPU card needs more then 4Gb-6Gb yet let alone 8Gb.

Associate
I don't want to come off as counting others money, but when i was in uni 11-12 years ago, I barely scraped enough money for low/mid end PC with athlon xp 1600 and geforce 2 mx.
And some of you talking like: I can ONLY afford titan :D
how times change :D

P.S. Seeing Titan history, I am wondering where do you guys see Titan being future proof, when every possible iteration of that class of cards tend to be laughed at few months later by either competition or nVidia lower grade cards.

And guys, don't be delusional, you will still see GDDR5 cards all over AMD and nvidia cards from next year.

Caporegime
Pascal Titan won't last 4 years performing at the top level, you'd be much better off getting the 1080ti or whatever it will be called, using that for 2 years, selling it and buying the equivalent TI at the time. Might cost a little more but would serve you much better. I probably wouldn't buy either though if I was using loan money or only working part time.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't want to come off as counting others money, but when i was in uni 11-12 years ago, I barely scraped enough money for low/mid end PC with athlon xp 1600 and geforce 2 mx.
And some of you talking like: I can ONLY afford titan :D
how times change :D

P.S. Seeing Titan history, I am wondering where do you guys see Titan being future proof, when every possible iteration of that class of cards tend to be laughed at few months later by either competition or nVidia lower grade cards.

And guys, don't be delusional, you will still see GDDR5 cards all over AMD and nvidia cards from next year.

People buying the original Titan were laughing for quite awhile - its only with the 980ti they are truly starting to show their age. Not so much for the Titan Z/Black though heh.

Soldato
People buying the original Titan were laughing for quite awhile - its only with the 980ti they are truly starting to show their age. Not so much for the Titan Z/Black though heh.

Yep, I wouldn't have even upgraded but for the fact that selling my titans paid for a pair if 980ti's

Back
Top Bottom