• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

GAC

GAC

Soldato
dont care if they hold up a still beating heart tbh, i want to see one plugged in to a machine running something.

Soldato
was reading a post from last year found it funny, guess CEO can wait :D
did Nvidia announce some new or exclusive features for pascal ?

10x Maxwell performance, i.e having 1/3 DP instead of 1/32. :D
In other words bringing the DP performance closer to what Keplers was so they can finally retire the K6000 for the P6000.

Soldato
So, what kind of prices are people expecting for the new cards? Obviously all speculation at this stage, but what is realistic do we think?

Caporegime
980 perf for £250-£300 seems like it could be possible.
970 perf for £200 or slightly under.
Maybe 980ti perf for £350-£400.

Best to expect too little and be impressed, than too much and be disappointed.

Soldato
Maybe Nvidia will just ditch the chip showing and hold up their market share.

2h6srrl.jpg

Soldato
According to the nvidia braintrust on this forum one random quarter's market share dictates total market share in perpetuity.

szolc5A.png

So by all your logic AMD is winning.

bru

bru

Soldato
According to the nvidia braintrust on this forum one random quarter's market share dictates total market share in perpetuity.

szolc5A.png

So by all your logic AMD is winning.

Well that chart is no good, is it really, I mean NVidia don't make APU's and Intel don't make GPU's so not really very helpful at all. Unfortunately the charts we all really want to se are behind the paywall at JPR.

Soldato
Well that chart is no good, is it really, I mean NVidia don't make APU's and Intel don't make GPU's so not really very helpful at all. Unfortunately the charts we all really want to se are behind the paywall at JPR.
I wouldn't trust JPR anyway they have a history of making up numbers and copying and pasting from year from another. No idea how they get away with it.

Back
Top Bottom