• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Caporegime
So when the rumours were about an April release based off information that could literally be seen/proven wasn't what the sites were saying it was... people got called names for saying those rumour were untrue. But christian today... the mecca of all things tech news.... says they aren't coming in April and it's all "yeah, makes sense, oh well".

Do people honestly not understand how news websites work? They post anything, literally anything, real news that is sent around in press release, fake news, rumours they read on forums, clicks is the only thing they care about. Anyone can start and run such a website, sites that post every rumour going and are wrong about 99% of what they post. Yet someone posts a link to any of these sites and it's taken as fact... right up till that same site(often as in this case) posts a new rumour making the old one false.

Why do people believe this stuff every single time?

Associate
So when the rumours were about an April release based off information that could literally be seen/proven wasn't what the sites were saying it was... people got called names for saying those rumour were untrue. But christian today... the mecca of all things tech news.... says they aren't coming in April and it's all "yeah, makes sense, oh well".

Do people honestly not understand how news websites work? They post anything, literally anything, real news that is sent around in press release, fake news, rumours they read on forums, clicks is the only thing they care about. Anyone can start and run such a website, sites that post every rumour going and are wrong about 99% of what they post. Yet someone posts a link to any of these sites and it's taken as fact... right up till that same site(often as in this case) posts a new rumour making the old one false.

Hehe yeah
Christian today is usually echoes the other sites...2 weeks later :)

Mobster
Soldato

Like semi-accurate ?

Soldato

NV made it very clear first versions of Pascal are due Q2 which is where the April number came from. It wasn't rumors it was NV saying Pascal in April, May, June for early access customers and Q4 for the rest.

Caporegime
NV made it very clear first versions of Pascal are due Q2 which is where the April number came from. It wasn't rumors it was NV saying Pascal in April, May, June for early access customers and Q4 for the rest.

I don't get that, its either released in April or July or October. there just throwing any old carp out there to confuse people.
I want to know when i can buy one, not when its technically released but you can actually have one because just words n' stuff to make us look less ****less.

Caporegime

Nvidia were saying they would ship samples to industry partners in Q2.... while holding up two Maxwell's and calling them Pascal. Nvidia lie, also this is irrelevant. They were talking about shipping samples NOT a release and all the April rumours were about a release of GP100.... these aren't remotely related. Nvidia said no where, to no one, that GP100 was coming out in April.

Also all the April stories directly linked to with most literally stating the story is based on the Zuuaba(or whatever it is) information.... which was not what those sites claimed it was. They claimed it was gpu's being shipped, it was test equipment for gpus that had as yet not shipped.

I've no where else seen Nvidia claim a single thing about a release date for any Pascal GPU beyond 2016 pretty much.

Soldato
I don't get that, its either released in April or July or October. there just throwing any old carp out there to confuse people.
I want to know when i can buy one, not when its technically released but you can actually have one because just words n' stuff to make us look less ****less.

If you are an early access customer the first Pascal version can be brought in Q2. If you are not an early access customer you can buy the first version in Q4 that's all we know so far. There hasn't been any dates for the later Pascal versions that most of us on here are waiting for. That will be coming at some point.

Caporegime

Nvidia were referring to the Drive PX2 part which Nvidia said would be available in April but volume production in Q4 because the auto industry doesn't need volume until next year, but they need to make a few hundred to distributed to the automakers. Nvidia's allocation at TSMC will be concentrated on making compute and GPU chips during Q2-Q3.

Associate
This thread need to be locked.
Every time I see its got a reply i always get excited there is a definite release date only to be let down with links to speculation. hahaha

bru

bru

Soldato

I wasn't aware that NVidia had made anything clear, all we ever get from both sides is they will be ready in (insert very vague timeframe here). I mean AMD said before the back to school period, which means sometime before September, there 7 more months till September and Polaris could arrive in any one of them.
All I know of NVidia is they said 2016. exactly when who knows. If at the end of GTC they haven't said here is a new Pascal card and it will be available in x weeks, then we can safely say they didn't release a new card at GTC.

Back
Top Bottom