*****The OFFICIAL OCUK 2011/2012 Fantasy Football League*****

Associate
If Modric goes to Chelsea he will be in most teams!

Arteta used to be a brilliant fantasy choice...but now not so much. Moyes moved him deeper and Baines stealing set-pieces...I'd steer clear. Everton are quite renouned for being very bad starters in the league, but they do have reasonably good fixtures this year.

Fulham and Wolves both have good fixtures also so you probably can't go wrong with Zamora or Doyle. I'd be keeping an eye on how Villas-Boas does things with Drogba/Torres before making a decision on forwards.

Rooney has tough opening fixtures. I am actually tempted to have no Manchester United players in my team for the first few weeks.

Associate
Do they just keep putting prices up every season?

I mean how are Lampard, Gerrard and Fabregas so expensive after they all had a poor season?

I'll probably change my team before the starts of the season.

capturejuc.jpg

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Tough to make a decent team this season. Lots of uncertainty in the top teams - will chelsea go torres or drogba? Who will city play in midfield/attack? I have no idea how liverpool are going to play, and with young at man u there's some uncertainty about the wingers there...

I would say aguero at £11mil is too much right now, wait to see how he settles in and his price will likely drop in the first few games anyway.

I'm also not sure how the new system for awarding bonus points is gonna work out - will likely make it less predictable than before...

The only pre-season games I have seen have been chelsea's. Villas-Boas has been evenly spreading the minutes out between the players so it's hard to predict who'll start against stoke next week but on form I would say:

Cech
Bosingwa, Terry, Ivanovic, Cole
Benayoun, Lampard, Mceachran
Kalou, Torres, Malouda

Actually, Lampard has been rather poor pre-season but I've a feeling he'll start anyway. Sturridge would start on form but has to miss the first 3 games of the season because of a red card in the last game of last season. :(

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I'm also not sure how the new system for awarding bonus points is gonna work out - will likely make it less predictable than before...

whats new about it? the fact is not just a panel of 'experts' but using the actual EA index thing?

this seems a lot better...players used to get bonus points before when they had a **** game...just because they were a 'big' name

AGD

AGD

Soldato
whats new about it? the fact is not just a panel of 'experts' but using the actual EA index thing?

this seems a lot better...players used to get bonus points before when they had a **** game...just because they were a 'big' name

Exactly, before you could guarantee people like fabregas getting the 3 bonus points each week - now it's less predictable!

Soldato
OP
Not sure about Modric. It's possible he might let all the rumours etc affect him. I might look for a replacement

I wouldn't go near Modric tbh, great player but in this game doesn't get nearly enough assists or goals to make spending 8m on him. With Modric you're really relying on him get 3 bonus points every week to make it worth while and if it's Bale (who costs the same amount) getting goals and assists chances are the bonus points will go to him also

Soldato
This season is going to be interesting. I think some of the top teams are going to rotate their lineups so much that it will make picking some of their players difficult.

Soldato
how can i sign in via my team name rather than my e-mail address? i have re-registered my same u/n i have used the past few seasons but when i get asked to log in now, i am asked to sign in with my email address, to which i can't remember which e-mail i used, nor the password!

Associate
how can i sign in via my team name rather than my e-mail address? i have re-registered my same u/n i have used the past few seasons but when i get asked to log in now, i am asked to sign in with my email address, to which i can't remember which e-mail i used, nor the password!

Not sure if you can. I made Chrome remember my email and password for the site.

Maybe check your deleted items in each of your email accounts?

Also, if the weekend's matches get postponed due to the riots that will mess everything up.

Back
Top Bottom