*****The OFFICIAL OCUK 2011/2012 Fantasy Football League*****

Associate
I've done ones in the past but not this one before.

Having looked at LAST season's points/£, am I right in thinking that you get better value for money with a stronger defense and goalkeeper as opposed to traditionally filling the team with top class forwards?

I think I'd go 4-4-2 if that's the case?

Soldato
Generally, going for defenders from the top 4 teams is a good idea as they are most likely to keep clean sheets. That and you want to try to get defenders who pop up with the odd goal. That's why players like Haangeland and Huth are popular. There are examples of midfielders and strikers from teams outside the top 5 or 6 who will still get you plenty of points, such as Odemwingie.

Associate
Isn't Hernandez potentially going to miss the first game or 2 of the season or is he only out for the community shield? Does anyone know who Villas-Boas has been playing in defence in the pre-season games? I really want a Chelsea defender because they have the easiest start of the top 4 but I have no idea who he will pick other than Terry and A. Cole.

edit: Tottenham players are a very brave choice given the teams they start the season against, I'd personally be avoiding any of their players like the plague.

There has been rumours of Alex moving. Luiz will be good value if he is a nailed on starter.

Associate
ffl.jpg

Provisional - working on the basis that the high end midfielders don't give good value for money.

Associate
Sandy10 - As a Villa fan what do you think the chances are of Albrighton getting games this season in light of Downing/Young leaving?

TO be honest, I was quite disappointed he didn't play more last season as he started the campaign in tremendous form.

I'm unsure to be honest, I think it's looking like "perhaps" N'Zog will play on the left with Ireland potentially on the right as can still see Stan Petrov and Makoun in the middle, and Gabby and Bent up top (unless he plays one up front), but there will undoubtedly be opportunities for Albrighton, although with a new manager it's uncertain until we play a few games to see where it all fits in.

Soldato
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I had a thought on a starting team tactic which may or may not be stupid.

Given you can already see the % of teams that a player has been picked for, does it make sense to just pack the team with the most popular players in an attempt to build value quickly and then be able to afford some of the more obvious point scorers?

My team is Arsenola BTW

Soldato
dreamteamx.png

Here's my team. Not sure about Tiote or Brunt for First team. Otherwise i'm quite happy though i might try to get a better striker in.

do you reckon it's best to have 1 very good striker (suarez) and 2 decnt striker (Zamora and Kalinic) or 2 very good strikers and a crap sub?

I'm thinking of removing Zamora and Kalinic and getting a start striker and a very cheap sub. Maybe Zamora/Kalinic out and Rooney/crap player in

Last edited:
Soldato
Doyle, Arteta, Suarez if it was me.

That's exactly what i've done. They are all the cheaper options as well so i now have 1m left!

mm, Torres or Rooney now

Gone for Modric over Arteta in the end too.

Right here is my team now

fantasyfootballocuk.png

The only thing i can't decide on is Modric vs Arteta, both 8m

Last edited:
Associate
mm, Torres or Rooney now

I would go Rooney (Although I haven't picked him myself, not enough funds left)

In my opinion he is the one big money striker that is guaranteed to get a lot of points. Torres is a gamble as you don't know if he will perform as he didn't last year. You can always switch them if Torres turns into a monster.

Soldato
I would go Rooney (Although I haven't picked him myself, not enough funds left)

In my opinion he is the one big money striker that is guaranteed to get a lot of points. Torres is a gamble as you don't know if he will perform as he didn't last year. You can always switch them if Torres turns into a monster.

I'll give it a think. It is either Zamora/Torres or Rooney/Doyle

Back
Top Bottom