*****The OFFICIAL OCUK 2011/2012 Fantasy Football League*****

Soldato
OP
Here is why I picked him.

1) Gerrard is out for at least the first month, possibly longer, which I think means we will play Adam and I suspect without Gerrard , Adam will indeed be a penalty/freekick taker. I also think he will do quite well in place of Gerrard.

2) Its not my team for the whole season , its my team for the start (if Adam is dropped later on I can drop him as required)

3) I dont have an extra 1 million for anyone else.

4) He who dares wins Rodney :)

Fair enough didn't know that about Captain Starfish :p

Don
1) Gerrard is out for at least the first month, possibly longer, which I think means we will play Adam and I suspect without Gerrard , Adam will indeed be a penalty/freekick taker. I also think he will do quite well in place of Gerrard.

Regardless of Gerrard's injury, I suspect Adam will play more often than not and will almost certainly take over corner and freekick duty. Not sure about pens though.

3) I dont have an extra 1 million for anyone else.

Even if you did, I wouldn't recommend signing any of the players Tom's mentioned. With Taggart seemingly seeing Valencia as Utd's first choice winger, neither Nani or Young are certain starters. And VdV's fitness record makes him a gamble too.

Soldato
9awrjb.png

Arghh, Drogba or Aguero? Van Persie or Rooney? Why is Fantasy Football so difficult!

Associate
3 wolves players?!?
Quite a few 'interesting' teams have been posted!

With Man City's starting fixtures I'll be doubling on their defensive area. Probably take Rodallega from Wigan for their start too otherwise I am waiting until a bit closer before drafting up my team.

Doesn't look a lot of value at the high-end prices in midfield so I think it will be striker/defence heavy with probably Given in goal.

Soldato
Isn't Hernandez potentially going to miss the first game or 2 of the season or is he only out for the community shield? Does anyone know who Villas-Boas has been playing in defence in the pre-season games? I really want a Chelsea defender because they have the easiest start of the top 4 but I have no idea who he will pick other than Terry and A. Cole.

edit: Tottenham players are a very brave choice given the teams they start the season against, I'd personally be avoiding any of their players like the plague.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom