*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
I just don't want to drop even more points. I'm all about keeping it simple, haha. It is quite a good idea, I suppose.

If you're struggling, you could also have beers beginning with the first letter of your name? But I'm not sure how many non country weeks you're planning on having.

Looking like it's going to be Holland, Ireland, Germany. :D

Any more prizes being offered by anyone?

Caporegime
I just don't want to drop even more points. I'm all about keeping it simple, haha. It is quite a good idea, I suppose.

If you're struggling, you could also have beers beginning with the first letter of your name? But I'm not sure how many non country weeks you're planning on having.

Looking like it's going to be Holland, Ireland, Germany. :D

Any more prizes being offered by anyone?

Well I'm trying to keep the number down to a minimum. The fact the very last three are fun ones just adds to its (competition) conclusion (for this season ;) ). Yeah beer names beginning with ... simple but good.

So far the only letters to be altered are:

O - Any beer BUT it's name must begin with 'O' (NOT brewers name)
Q
U
X - Any beer BUT must contain a number in its name.
Y
Z - Any beer BUT must have an animal featured in its name. (Z = Zoo)

Last edited:
Soldato
You're not the only one, and I'm stumped :(

I have an idea for something that might be a cheeky 2/3 points but I am gutted I haven't sourced my no1 choice yet (though there is still hope).

There's a couple of French lagers that are really up there with just being an amazingly refreshing drink that should be sold over here in place of things like Fosters and Carling...

As a back up it is £23 to take the ferry to Cherbourg from Pool if I don't fancy driving about over there and could try and carry back a world supply of the best French beers. Is this going too far for the game?

Last edited:
Soldato
Kanifee, I picked up a bottle of Kernel Pale Ale Chinook & Simcoe as well as a bottle of Kernel Porter. I'll probably not drink them tonight (got a few Sierra Nevada's in the fridge for this eve), but I shall report back. My shop was running low on supplies and didn't have any Stellas in. They had a big 10% IPA but it was over £6 which is too rich for me atm.

I also bought a bottle of Mongozo for my brother as I owed him a beer. It's a Dutch banana beer. I'm looking forward to hearing what he says about it!

I've been thinking about starting a 'La Cuisine Banter' thread recently, but I suppose this one works well. :D

Caporegime
I have an idea for something that might be a cheeky 2/3 points but I am gutted I haven't sourced my no1 choice yet (though there is still hope).

There's a couple of French lagers that are really up there with just being an amazingly refreshing drink that should be sold over here in place of things like Fosters and Carling...

As a back up it is £23 to take the ferry to Cherbourg from Pool if I don't fancy driving about over there and could try and carry back a world supply of the best French beers. Is this going too far for the game?

No that is just dedication matey :D

Soldato
No that is just dedication matey :D

Iv got 22 quid return from Dover to Calais with the car on Thursday...

A part of me really wants to, my first choice is worth having 92 bottles of just to quietly nurse till christmas :p though I probably should just order something random online and actually do my dissertation :D (unless anyone wants to come along)

Soldato
Right the trip to France is off (for now) after placing an order for some fun France, Germany and Holland entries for less than I would have spent on the ferry and fuel...

Need to save my pennies for a trip to Ireland instead :p (or persuade someone to post over something special for me, I'm sure there is someone who owes me before the end of the month)

Back
Top Bottom