*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
Right the trip to France is off (for now) after placing an order for some fun France, Germany and Holland entries for less than I would have spent on the ferry and fuel...

Need to save my pennies for a trip to Ireland instead :p (or persuade someone to post over something special for me, I'm sure there is someone who owes me before the end of the month)

;):p:D

Soldato
:D:p Oh it is! Lost too many points already and need to make up ground on the challenging ones of France, Holland and Ireland!

Plus I have some mad looking beers to try out over the next few weeks! :D All about trying out random new things...

I have 3 French beers coming, I really hope they get here in time, otherwise it will be the cheeky option I have as back up!

Caporegime
I've still not ordered anything online so far in the competition, been kinda lucky with what I have locally. Though I get the feeling the time is coming soon....

Soldato
:D I couldn't help my self for the next few weeks, local shops haven't the selection to win France or Holland plus getting in something fun looking for Germany was always going to be worth it...

Plus I like meme generators and felt this cat was getting it right...

Caporegime
OMG!!!! In my element, I've just sourced a local (short drive away) offsales that stocks speciality beers :D

EDIT: French beer found, pleaseeeeeeeee have it in stock :D (Noooooooooooooo not for another 2 weeks arrrgh!)

2nd EDIT: Ahleckz they stock BrewDog :)

PUNK IPA
TRASHY BLONDE
77 LAGER
THE PHYSICS
CHAOS THEORY IPA
DOGMA
RIPTIDE STOUT
HARDCORE IPA

Come on gimme some tips on the above :)

Last edited:
Soldato
That's the spirit :p:D

Speaking of later rounds, any ideas for Q and Y?

:D got a few supermarkets scouted out online for J and K (depending on who gets chosen)...

For Q we could have a royalty beer special, so find a beer that is brewed in honour of or with the consent of royalty (because Q = queens).

Y could be buy a beer that starts with a vowel because Y is the irritating vowel that annoys the other real ones...

Caporegime
:D got a few supermarkets scouted out online for J and K (depending on who gets chosen)...

For Q we could have a royalty beer special, so find a beer that is brewed in honour of or with the consent of royalty (because Q = queens).

Y could be buy a beer that starts with a vowel because Y is the irritating vowel that annoys the other real ones...

Funny the Royalty idea was one that I was thinking about too (honestly!) Or we could go with Q = Quite difficult selection soooo draw a random country?

as for Y .... hmmm

Soldato
Funny the Royalty idea was one that I was thinking about too (honestly!) Or we could go with Q = Quite difficult selection soooo draw a random country?

as for Y .... hmmm

Great minds think alike... :p

The quite difficult idea means we could end up with something really good! But it also lends to a problem of maybe getting stuck with something only 2 people chose and still just as bad as dealing with Qtar as the only Q country... I'm sure we all can think of a good solution.

Y was the best I could do... :D There's a lack of countries starting or ending in Y and not that many capitals off the top of my head that follow along. Can think of maybe one or two beers with a Y involved though.

Caporegime
Great minds think alike... :p

The quite difficult idea means we could end up with something really good! But it also lends to a problem of maybe getting stuck with something only 2 people chose and still just as bad as dealing with Qtar as the only Q country... I'm sure we all can think of a good solution.

Y was the best I could do... :D There's a lack of countries starting or ending in Y and not that many capitals off the top of my head that follow along. Can think of maybe one or two beers with a Y involved though.

Yeah maybe end up going with beer names.

Back
Top Bottom