*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
He was playing a PC game half the night and sleeping by day the lazy git :D

Ha! Poke him!!! I we can't sleep through the day, no one can!

My French beer is going to be such a **** poor example but I don't care as they generally make the worst beer in Europe. :D

Carling make a French beer now you say?? :p (can't help the odd bad joke)

Got a feeling quite a few of us will be entering that main French option...

Caporegime
Ha! Poke him!!! I we can't sleep through the day, no one can!

Carling make a French beer now you say?? :p (can't help the odd bad joke)

Got a feeling quite a few of us will be entering that main French option...

I'm gutted with finding a potential cracking French beer only for the shop to be out of stock for another 2 weeks :(

Soldato
Oooo that's a real let down :(

If it makes you feel better I'm sitting by the door like the hopeless dog waiting for my beer to turn up and it might have to be the rubbish back up choice... Actually scrap that I got a shipping confirmation! It's all coming up milhouse :D

Soldato
OMG!!!! In my element, I've just sourced a local (short drive away) offsales that stocks speciality beers :D

EDIT: French beer found, pleaseeeeeeeee have it in stock :D (Noooooooooooooo not for another 2 weeks arrrgh!)

2nd EDIT: Ahleckz they stock BrewDog :)

PUNK IPA
TRASHY BLONDE
77 LAGER
THE PHYSICS
CHAOS THEORY IPA
DOGMA
RIPTIDE STOUT
HARDCORE IPA

Come on gimme some tips on the above :)

Get the Punk, it's pretty hoppy and might prove a challenge to drink for a new comer to hoppy IPAs. Have it quite chilled (not freezer cold, but fridge cold).
Trashy Blonde is one of my favourites, though I've gone off it recently. It's a good pale ale, very easy to drink.
77 Lager is their bog standard lager (though with their twist on it). I don't think much of it, and it's not worth the £1.50+ price tag. That being said, I would suggest buying it just so you can see a different type of lager. They are discontinuing it soon so not sure how long it'll be around for.
Haven't seen The Physics for years. :o I would avoid that myself, not great.
I haven't seen Chaos Theory for some time either. It's a big, hoppy, IPA. If I recall it wasn't great. Far too heavy on flavouring hops and nothing else much going on. Would probably avoid.
Dogma, I haven't had it but it's got all sorts of weird flavours going on IIRC.
I wasn't sold on the Riptide, but it might be worth trying it alongside Guinness which might be interesting.
GET LOTS AND LOTS OF HARDCORE.

Hope that helps. :D

tl;dr, buy in this order: Punk, Hardcore (I put this second as it's an assault on the mouth and might not be great to start on if you're new to hoppy brews), Trashy. The others are OK but don't go crazy until you know you like the Brewdog flavour. It's pretty distinct.

Soldato
I'd also check use by dates, as some of these beers have been out of production for a while. It doesn't actually bother me, but for some it does. I wouldn't want you buying beer and then taking it home and not wanting to drink it.

Caporegime
I'd also check use by dates, as some of these beers have been out of production for a while. It doesn't actually bother me, but for some it does. I wouldn't want you buying beer and then taking it home and not wanting to drink it.

LOL not wanting to drink it..... lol :D oh stop it lol

They are listed on the site (doesn't list actual stock tho) but I'm guessing it will be a different story once I get there mate, but I'll double check. Cheers :)

Soldato
LOL not wanting to drink it..... lol :D oh stop it lol

They are listed on the site (doesn't list actual stock tho) but I'm guessing it will be a different story once I get there mate, but I'll double check. Cheers :)

Ah right. Of the commonly available ones, I'd get the following:
Punk IPA
Hardcore IPA
Trashy Blonde
5am Saint
Dead Pony Club.

That should give you a good selection of styles and tastes.

Caporegime
Ah right. Of the commonly available ones, I'd get the following:
Punk IPA
Hardcore IPA
Trashy Blonde
5am Saint
Dead Pony Club.

That should give you a good selection of styles and tastes.

I'll see what all they have, with my luck it will be the same as my French beer.... none :(

Cheers matey :)

Caporegime
You missed the dark brewdog ones, well worth trying. Dogma would be a good start, like that? then try the paradox jura. Unless you don't like dark beer that is.

The local shop (to me) hadn't listed any mate so I guess that's why Ahleckz didn't mention any as I'd not listed them. I'll keep an eye out when I down there later. Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom