*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
@Kanifee - While checking the competition email I noticed the 'photos' info lists only 2. I know maccapacca has entered two weeks (France / Germany) so I checked your folder matey. Your email marked ' france entry ' doesn't have an attachment! So I guess you have forgotten to add the pic. Just a heads up matey :)

Caporegime
Ah right. Of the commonly available ones, I'd get the following:
Punk IPA
Hardcore IPA
Trashy Blonde
5am Saint
Dead Pony Club.

That should give you a good selection of styles and tastes.

20120905132048578.jpg

Ok couple each of the above, he didn't have anything else atm though the other shop has the Hardcore IPA and Trashy Blonde so he said to ring him next time and he will be sure to have it or anthing else in :D

Have them in the fridge chilling for later :) Oh and yes I did pick up a few other samples of other brands, and countries ;)

Soldato
I was going to reply in the 'bought thread' but this seems more appropriate.

Glad you found some, and hope you enjoy it. I'd pour them into a glass rather than drink from the bottle.

I found some French beer today, there were only 3 left and the person said they could only sell them as packs of 4. Sigh. The search continues.

Caporegime
I was going to reply in the 'bought thread' but this seems more appropriate.

Glad you found some, and hope you enjoy it. I'd pour them into a glass rather than drink from the bottle.

I found some French beer today, there were only 3 left and the person said they could only sell them as packs of 4. Sigh. The search continues.

Will do mate. Why didn't they sell them at a reduced price then?

Blown away by the shop, I was like a kid in a toy store :D The place has been there 5 years and I only stumbled (no pun) across it online while searching for a french beer. 10 beers and almost £20 lighter :)

Soldato
I don't wish to say any more.

I bought 4 beers the other day, it was over a tenner! This beer lark is expensive. Is that shop anywhere near Belfast? If so, care to give me the name so I can tell my friend.

Also got a bottle of Guinness Original for tonight. Some of it will be going into my pie but the rest into my belly!

Caporegime
They have two shops, one indeed is kind of close to Belfast and the other is in Carrickfergus (one I shopped at). I so want to tell you, but part of me is screaming Nooooooooooo! :D

Some of my entries will be coming from this shop ;)

Guinness pie, can't beat it! Have you ever tried Guinness FES (Foreign Extra Stout 7.5%)? Rather an acquired taste :)

Soldato
To google! (just to see what sort of competition I have to deal with...) :p

Turns out a day trip into london on Saturday might be on the cards after finding several decent looking beer stockiest! Just have to combine the trip with a few other things (and maybe even FA cup qualifying football if I get that desperate)

Can't type for toffee
Don
Got a package today for when we hit G ;)
No pics of the beers yet but here some promo bits my mate sent too

beerbits.JPG

Warsteiner Bottle Opener
Malteser Weissbier Penknife
Huber Weisses Sale and Pepper Shakers
Schwaben Brau heavy duty drinking gloves (labelled left and right in german I think lol)

Caporegime
I want in! I know I'm late but I'm willing to perform favours for lost points, or just drink away my woes ;)

My email's in trust if you need it

Hi mate, welcome along :)

I'll send you the competition email address via trust now, oncce you receive it could you email a reply (to comp addy not the trust address) so i can set you up a folder for your entries. Make sure you have a read at page one of this thread, only fair you end up as confused as the rest of us :D

Caporegime

Cheers mate, received and your folder setup :)

This Saturday is F for France (as voted) so all you have to do is find a french beer, be it can, bottle or draught. Then take a picture of the can, bottle or draught beer (including beer taps!) and also remember to include the OcUK forums in background or OcUK written on a piece of whatever in the pic, unless you are Hank_Marvin who makes up for this lapse in other ways :D

Like I mentioned have a read through page 1 of this thread for all the info you need and please feel free to ask anything :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this Saturday I'm working nightshift so I won't be able to post the usual weekly results for France thread until Sunday morning when I return home.

Caporegime
@Kanifee - While checking the competition email I noticed the 'photos' info lists only 2. I know maccapacca has entered two weeks (France / Germany) so I checked your folder matey. Your email marked ' france entry ' doesn't have an attachment! So I guess you have forgotten to add the pic. Just a heads up matey :)

BUMP :)

Soldato
I'm entering what may prove to be quite a controversial beer for France...

~Divine~Wind~, going to throw some bits in for a prize? :D

Welcome Russinating!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom