*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Associate
Just make V Poland. It's a country with a good range of decent beers and it will help to get the taste of Portugal out of peoples mouths. Its not a country beginning with a V but then neither are an animal or a quote :D

Doesn't have to be Poland but what ever it is please make sure I don't to have to down a some of the worst lager brewed in the developed world.

Soldato
fair point and i never realised there were so many vietnam beers i can't get hold of either :)

maybe the V beer non alcoholic could be good, i like that idea.

or a european beer begining with V from certain countries outside UK such as france, germany, belgium and portugal??

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Quick question about something that I don't think is covered in the rules... If you have a beer that is legitimate for two different weeks (e.g. I had Indigo IMP's Winter Solstice for my America entry which could potentially have been used for 'A' or 'Y' weeks), would just sending the same picture be a valid entry? I'm sure people will have entered beers previously with numbers in the name too for example. I already have a different beer for Y so it doesn't matter, but it occurred to me that this didn't seem to be covered anywhere.

Caporegime
Quick question about something that I don't think is covered in the rules... If you have a beer that is legitimate for two different weeks (e.g. I had Indigo IMP's Winter Solstice for my America entry which could potentially have been used for 'A' or 'Y' weeks), would just sending the same picture be a valid entry? I'm sure people will have entered beers previously with numbers in the name too for example. I already have a different beer for Y so it doesn't matter, but it occurred to me that this didn't seem to be covered anywhere.

Good question... my own personal take on it would be, it's ok to enter a valid beer twice but if it was me I'd enter a new picture ;)

Soldato
Ahh interesting, I have been playing it with only enter each beer once (though that has mostly been so I try more).

At least a different picture would mean you had two beers which makes it better :p

Caporegime
Ahh interesting, I have been playing it with only enter each beer once (though that has mostly been so I try more).

At least a different picture would mean you had two beers which makes it better :p

To be fair it's only now we're entering the later stages where it's possible to re-enter the same beer ;)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I'm torn on it really. On one hand it's about trying different beers and goes a bit against that, but on the other it's a competition and if it's something someone bought and tried for that purpose I don't see why it shouldn't count. Should they have to buy it twice though? Don't know. Was just curious as to what others thought!

Currently looking for a non-alcoholic Thai beer with both an animal and a number in the name, so if we could come to a consensus that would be grand. :D

Caporegime
I'm torn on it really. On one hand it's about trying different beers and goes a bit against that, but on the other it's a competition and if it's something someone bought and tried for that purpose I don't see why it shouldn't count. Should they have to buy it twice though? Don't know. Was just curious as to what others thought!

Currently looking for a non-alcoholic Thai beer with both an animal and a number in the name, so if we could come to a consensus that would be grand. :D

Now that's ripping the arse out of it... 3 times on one beer!

:p

Back
Top Bottom