Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets it for me is people who say "the people have clearly spoken".

NO THEY HAVEN'T! The results are almost a 50/50 split down the middle!

If anything, the people are divided.

What I find funny is that people are harping on about immigrants from the EU when the majority of immigrants are from outside the EU so this doesn't change a thing.

I don't really understand that argument, What's the population of Europe vs rest of the world? That should put it into perspective.

It is because of all the crying. Our friends haven't stopped bleating on FB all morning. I really want to tell them to grow up, it's democracy. My wife really wouldn't thank me and TBH I don't want to antagonise anyone so I will just stay quiet. I suspect many others will be in the same boat.
I was briefly replying to a few of them but realised I'd be better off if I didn't. So stopped. :p

Don't want to upset the apple cart.

Plus as someone rightly said emotions are high and there's nothing wrong with being upset. It'll settle down soon.

Having more people blindly voting when they don't understand the consequences of that decision isn't a good thing.

Are you suggesting all the 33m people who did vote were fully educated and aware of all possible consiquences of their actions?

You can still spoil your vote if your forced to turn up. Nobody is forcing people to chose an option, but it would ensure a near 100% turnout and avoid this 75% thing.

A little snippet in one of the BBC articles mentioned that we could end up leaving the EU but still retaining free movement of workers with EU states. So we could end up out but still retain all the Immigration...

As expected, we are now basically getting ransomed to what EU want us to adopt in order to trade with them. We now have no say within Europe and they can pretty much say "take it or leave it", these are the regulations you have to adopt before we come to any kind of deal.

I expect that too, but considering he was threatening a backlash budget you would expect him to be making noises, despite the fact MP's said they would not allow it, you expect something from him as chancellor.

Yeah, that 'budget' mock-up was just the Tories being ***** again. Osbourne is ****ed politically now [partly] because of it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom