Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I wonder if a re-vote did happen how the results would turn out to be, now the lies are being uncovered and so on.

I was "remain", the bed has been made now time to sleep in it and see what happens.

I was on the remain camp. All I can do now is hope for a fantastic deal with the EU.

Chances are low but the fear from Brussels could be that we create a domino effect, The leader of the Far Right in France, Marine Le Pen, immediately welcomed the result, parties could use the promise of a referendum to try and gain power in other EU countries and with UK now leading the charge it could work to change public opinion.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I wonder if and how this would have affected the Scottish referendum on remaining in the UK if that was held again.

EDIT: I see this has already been wondered upon, As another said if anyone's going to go over this it'd be preferably if they got on with it so we can get down to business

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting fact for the day.

If you randomly punch someone over 18 in the street today, there is a 52% chance they'll deserve it!

Yes but if you randomly punch one of the the other 48% you might be accused of being an abuser of cry babies :)

We can all crack one liners once that dummy is spat out, fortunately im one of the 52% who still has his dummy.

Caporegime
Why are you considering overseas workers to only be unskilled labour?

I'm not... you do understand what sort of workers tend to be most excluded under points based systems? No one is going to be blocking French bankers for example... so your comment regarding them blocking us if we block them, that applies to the low skilled.

Soldato
So already we have Sturgeon and Khan scheming together to twist this into an IN vote or hold another referendum.

I'd change my vote if the EU deal we got was actually meaningful and couldn't be twisted later without our agreement.

The previous negotiations Cameron had weren't worth anything really.

I don't think the EU expected us to vote leave, maybe they would take negotiations more seriously if given another chance?

Associate
this wasn't about political divide, this was a question to everyone, the people have answered, we should give the Scots another referendum, if they wish to leave so be it, if they vote no again, that should draw a line under it

Man of Honour
Why do you say that? The UK is a huge market. Europe isn't going to stop trading with us. It is for us to ensure the outcome of the exit negotiation is balanced.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that Europe will stop trading with us, but that trading will inevitably get more expensive as time goes on due to regulatory differences. That's not ideal for the UK.

The EU's main focus now is not the UK, it's about managing stability of the bloc and that will mean that they will need to take tough decisions to make sure that the EU survives, possibly at the detriment to the UK.

Associate
Well if Scotland wants another referendum then hurry up about it.

The majority of Scottish people have a massive chip on their soldier with regards to independence, been watching too much bloody Braveheart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom