Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'd change my vote if the EU deal we got was actually meaningful and couldn't be twisted later without our agreement.

The previous negotiations Cameron had weren't worth anything really.

I don't think the EU expected us to vote leave, maybe they would take negotiations more seriously if given another chance?

People who voted leave don't want to anything to do with the EU system at all. We don't want 'negotiations' ffs, we WANT TO LEAVE.

And this referendum is a clear result and we will be leaving.

Soldato
Depressing, to say the least. But after the market towns in the south and outskirts of big metro areas started returning swings of 10% or more, buoyed by a hardened postal vote of over 50s (cast when polls were showing a Leave lead), it became arithmetically impossible for Remain to catch up. A hard fought battle in Wales, but Labour couldn't swing their base there. The other three results of Scotland, NI and London were more predictable, but with some disappointing turnout figures scattered throughout. A cloud of uncertainty for Jezza and Labour, really.

I'm proud we got the vote out however, particularly the younger generation, whom this result will affect the most, and that they had their say. But ultimately it wasn't enough on the night.

I think I dozed off some time after Pompey announced; coming to in time for Cameron's speech. Damn.

Let's hope a new PM can draft a credible exit plan and come up with those special deals sharpish, for the sake of those working class voters in the north of the country and the Midlands that chose to take a punt on Brexit against the current government. Nothing more to say really -- you break it, you take it and make something of it.

And although I've disagreed personally with the messaging of the Leave team on several occasions, I know activists on that side of the fence locally and congratulations are in order to those who'd also worked hard for their cause, with all the trolling and other political nonsense this referendum brought out in people often affecting both camps equally.

I won't be a sore loser rambling away about stats and what ifs of the campaign further, yet, in all honesty, I don't see a way of arguing a strong case for Scotland in the Union any more, and it is worrying amid the markets flapping and the pound bouncing. Bumpy seas ahead.

Well put.

Soldato
:D

To the EU and Mr Cameron............

Well done lads, well done.

vdSo72E.gif

Good show old chaps, long live Great Britian. ;)

Side note....

I have not been up long stayed awake way past my bed time last night, head is banging and I don't usually get hangovers. :eek:

Worth it though. :D

Man of Honour
The EU are pooping their pants at the moment as they know we will be the first of many to leave now, or at least demand referendums to leave.

They've lost the second highest contributor, they must be raging and so salty

Soldato
Hopefully Scotland have the balls to leave the UK now and rejoin the EU. I'd love to have a reason to move up there :)

Are Scotland only a Member by actually being part of the UK? If they ended up going alone to be in the EU is Scotland's economy etc upto the standards required set by the EU to be part of the EU?

Just a general question as i am unsure on how it works.

Caporegime
The EU are pooping their pants at the moment as they know we will be the first of many to leave now, or at least demand referendums to leave.

They've lost the second highest contributor, they must be raging and so salty

Salty... :D :D The perfect way to describe Merkel's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom