Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Scotland only a Member by actually being part of the UK? If they ended up going alone to be in the EU is Scotland's economy etc upto the standards required set by the EU to be part of the EU?

Just a general question as i am unsure on how it works.

Scotland have membership through the UK, if they vote for independence before we leave then the impact would be very low. Since the UK would have already invoked article 50, they'd need agreement from all member states but there wouldn't be any friction from deviation away from EU law.

The EU are pooping their pants at the moment as they know we will be the first of many to leave now, or at least demand referendums to leave.

They've lost the second highest contributor, they must be raging and so salty

Why can't they just stop being salty and go for proper reform?

The Brexit is not the fault of the 52%, it lies squarely with the EU. They had years to sort this, to take it seriously and head it off with proper reform, but instead they called the bluff and it backfired.

And yet people are defending them? They don't care about anyone in the Remain camp. You're just a tool for them to push their own agenda.

Honestly, remain voters, you should be aiming your anger at the EU, not the Leave voters.

I still do not believe that Scotland would want to become a Euro economy,

I may be wrong after last night even though I called the result at 53/47 for leaving in the last poll.

A day or two for the shock to die down and more realism will emerge in Europe / UK / USA.

There were similar tears and fears last time.

Wow, just found a nice comment on a reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/4pks0a/uk_citizens_vote_to_leave_the_european_union/d4lwnxn

Australia has had five prime ministers in five years, the poor yanks look as though they'll have to choose between two options both of which have more disapproval than approval, and the UK leaves the EU. It seems like a ridiculous amount of instability. One might even call it absurd.

But it's not surprising.

You can't feed a society exaggeration, hyperbole and propaganda for over a decade, and then claim surprise when people don't seem to be making rational decisions on the basis of well established truth.

There's a cost associated with not telling the truth. There's a cost associated with polarized, adversarial public discourse. There's a cost associated with media more concerned with profits than the public interest.

It is, apparently, time to pay the piper.

EU will punish the UK (well mostly england in the end) for this decision during exit negotiations. What does England has to offer after it's out that EU needs? NOTHING. You have no idea what you've done.

I still do not believe that Scotland would want to become a Euro economy,

I may be wrong after last night even though I called the result at 53/47 for leaving in the last poll.

A day or two for the shock to die down and more realism will emerge in Europe / UK / USA.

There were similar tears and fears last time.

If we do have another vote i'll still vote to stay in the UK as i don't view us as separate countries but i doubt very much that the result would be to stay this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom