Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Eugh, how can leave supporters think this is a good idea? The EU is not going to give us favourable treaties and trade agreements, that would encourage other states to hold a referendum as well. It's in the EU's best interests to make negotiations as tough as possible for the UK now to dissuade more dissenters.

Edit: Google have just reported a 250+% spike in searches asking 'what will happen if we leave the EU?' Granted we don't know if those searches are by remain or leave voters, but how can people just be searching for that now?! Idiots.

Soldato
I have two types of posters on my facebook this morning.

1. It's the end. Racist bigiots have won. We're doomed.
  2. It'll probably be okay. No one really knows whats going to happen.
It's amazing with a vote of 52% leave that there's less posts celebrating it.

I had one friend comment that at his work he's more afraid of coming out saying he voted leave than he would be saying he's gay. It's amazing how certain views are now so negatively viewed by a proportion of the population that it can't be viewed for fear of reprisals.

Yeah I can't be bothered putting anything because then I'll be involved in a 6 hour Facebook debate

EU will punish the UK (well mostly england in the end) for this decision during exit negotiations. What does England has to offer after it's out that EU needs? NOTHING. You have no idea what you've done.

The worlds 5th largest economy has nothing to offer. And they say the leave voters are ignorant

Associate
EU will punish the UK (well mostly england in the end) for this decision during exit negotiations. What does England has to offer after it's out that EU needs? NOTHING. You have no idea what you've done.
Oh go take your tinfoil hat and live in Germany then if you're that worried! :rolleyes:

It will be volatile yes. But not the end.

Soldato
If we do have another vote i'll still vote to stay in the UK as i don't view us as separate countries but i doubt very much that the result would be to stay this time around.

Yeah it was too close last time, you're right, another referendum would see Scotland leave the UK more than likely.

However would Scotland want to be in the EU? Seems they'd just trade one union for another doing that, and one further from home.

Caporegime
A little snippet in one of the BBC articles mentioned that we could end up leaving the EU but still retaining free movement of workers with EU states. So we could end up out but still retain all the Immigration...

Highly likely. Look at Norway. To have access to the EU market and free movement of goods you have to sign up to the free movement of people.

I dont think this was ever put across well enough by the Remain campaign that even if we leave the EU, it is highly likely we will have the same free movement across Europe and that includes when Turkey joins.

Associate
Yeah I can't be bothered putting anything because then I'll be involved in a 6 hour Facebook debate

The worlds 5th largest economy has nothing to offer. And they say the leave voters are ignorant
Totally my feelings.

Not worth the hassle. It'll all calm down next week and debate will continue as normal.

Soldato
Highly likely. Look at Norway. To have access to the EU market and free movement of goods you have to sign up to the free movement of people.

I dont think this was ever put across well enough by the Remain campaign that even if we leave the EU, it is highly likely we will have the same free movement across Europe and that includes when Turkey joins.

It would be Political suicide to suggest free movement of people from the EU now. That's no longer a reality.

Soldato
It would be Political suicide to suggest free movement of people from the EU now. That's no longer a reality.
If 'leave' was a bigger majority maybe. But it's very close and I would not be surprised to see a theoretical 2nd vote turn out a different outcome now that the reality is sinking in for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom