Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
And more importantly, what if the member states don't want Scotland - kind of saying "if you don't come with the rest of the UK then we don't want you either".

Sturgeon will go down an immensely risky path if Scotland separates from the UK to then find that Scotland can't secure EU membership.

Before the UK left the EU I think Scotland would have struggled, because of the number of separatist movements in the EU, but after Brexit I think the EU will want to bring Scotland into the fold because they'll want to show how much better In is and because Scotland is a natural ally to the Scandawegians.

Caporegime
We can now become like Iceland, Lichtenstein, and Norway who are not members of the EU, but still participate in the internal market by virtue of their membership in the EEA.

Those famous European and World power houses!

Man of Honour
We can now become like Iceland, Lichtenstein, and Norway who are not members of the EU, but still participate in the internal market by virtue of their membership in the EEA.

Yes, because we've so much in common with those countries.

Soldato

Go and get a tissue.

Man of Honour
Before the UK left the EU I think Scotland would have struggled, because of the number of separatist movements in the EU, but after Brexit I think the EU will want to bring Scotland into the fold because they'll want to show how much better In is and because Scotland is a natural ally to the Scandawegians.

Scotland could also do with much of the EU regeneration funds that it currently gets.

Caporegime
Germans saying " Yunker(?) " should step down and also the conservatives are a massive fault in all of this :)

Funnily enough, back in 2014 David Cameron was a lone voice in the EU saying Jean-Claude Juncker was the wrong man to lead the European Commission. The other 27 members decided to humiliate Cameron and leave him isolated, who knows if they'd have listened to him Britain might have voted to remain. The way they treated Cameron certainly didn't make me feel warmly to the EU.

Associate
I bet you Corbyn is secretly somewhat happy that he's in agreement with 52% of the country.

A euro-sceptic goes against his own wish for the sake of the party.

Soldato
Hmm but surely Scotland would then need to meet all of the EU's criteria as well as have agreement from all member states.

Scotland leaving the UK is likely to mean they don't meet all of that criteria, which would delay their entry whilst they resolve those.

And more importantly, what if the member states don't want Scotland - kind of saying "if you don't come with the rest of the UK then we don't want you either".

Sturgeon will go down an immensely risky path if Scotland separates from the UK to then find that Scotland can't secure EU membership.

It'll almost be like they've been left out to dry.

Plus the currency question, which Sturgeon and crew cannot answer.

Soldato
At least we don't have to worry about Euro 2016 any more, I presume we'll be bringing our brave boys home ASAP. No more Eurovision Song Contest either, sorry homosexual people but that's how it is.
Repeal decimalisation and the metric system, bring back hanging and apply it to shopkeepers who don't immediately start using Imperial weights and measures.

And erect a gold statue of Derek Jameson somewhere conspicuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom