Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Eugh, how can leave supporters think this is a good idea? The EU is not going to give us favourable treaties and trade agreements, that would encourage other states to hold a referendum as well. It's in the EU's best interests to make negotiations as tough as possible for the UK now to dissuade more dissenters.

I think the UK leaving the EU would spark off other Countries to think about doing the same. I doubt looking at how bad the EU 'may' treat the UK would stop this from snowballing.

Soldato
A short time ago, justice secretary and prominent Leave campaigner Michael Gove says David Cameron "deserves to be remembered as a great prime minister".

He stressed:

He has led this country with courage, dignity and grace. He and the chancellor rebuilt the economy. He has made opportunity more equal in our society. He has exemplified the very best in public service. He deserves to be remembered as a great prime minister."

More BS from the little gimp.

Soldato
Unlikely but rejoining should be fairly simple for the next couple of years.

Hmm but surely Scotland would then need to meet all of the EU's criteria as well as have agreement from all member states.

Scotland leaving the UK is likely to mean they don't meet all of that criteria, which would delay their entry whilst they resolve those.

And more importantly, what if the member states don't want Scotland - kind of saying "if you don't come with the rest of the UK then we don't want you either".

Sturgeon will go down an immensely risky path if Scotland separates from the UK to then find that Scotland can't secure EU membership.

It'll almost be like they've been left out to dry.

Caporegime
It would be Political suicide to suggest free movement of people from the EU now. That's no longer a reality.

Not really any choice? You want access to the EU free market, those are the rules. Unless we manage to negotiate out of it but Norway and Switzerland didnt.

Political suicide for whoever is in government maybe.

But what did leaver voters honestly expected? That we could just close our borders?

Man of Honour
So Cameron is going now too, always fairly likely but he didn't hang around in announcing his resignation.

I think there's a lot of scaremongering still going on, but ultimately things will generally return to normal over the next few weeks.

I'm still surprised at how the vote turned out, fair play to everyone for not bottling it, as I thought they probably would. Nobody on either side of the Remain or Leave fence can take much high ground, there were plenty of lies on both sides.

The EU speakers all look shell-shocked by this, which is no bad thing in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom