Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
To the people who voted 'remain' - What are you going to do about building extra hospitals for our ever expanding population? What are you going to do about building new schools for our ever expanding population? Are you happy for employers to employ and pay for cheap European labour?

See Table 1.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...e/529793/May16_Receipts_NS_Bulletin_Final.pdf

I will vote for the government which uses the increased tax receipts due to economic growth over time, to be used to deliver better public services for all. Note that part of that increased revenue is because of population growth.

I am happy for employers to select anyone they believe is suitable for a role as long as they pay the minimum wage and abide with employment law.

Soldato
Something strange has spooked Farage? :confused:

He pulled out of the debate last night and is now claiming IN have won ?

Something fishy going on with him, I don't like it. :mad:

I don't care leave or IN we had our choice in a fair referendum, but something stinks to high heaven about Farage. :confused:

I've heard rumours that he's going to quit UKIP and start up his own direct democracy party.

Soldato

I don't care leave or IN we had our choice in a fair referendum, but something stinks to high heaven about Farage. :confused:

Well he's going to be jobless in the morning and what with all this cheap European labour imminently flooding our country, his hopes of getting another more suitable job as toilet cleaner is looking quite tentative.

Man of Honour

I've thought that for years

Soldato
To the people who voted 'remain' -

What are you going to do about building extra hospitals for our ever expanding population?

What are you going to do about building new schools for our ever expanding population?

Are you happy for employers to employ and pay for cheap European labour?

I voted out, but i'd have quite happily voted in if i knew Cameron would grow some balls and do something about our immigrant problem. I mean they are all queuing up in France to come over here and they do that for a reason and it's because it's so easy for handouts. Why don't they claim asylum status in France?

I'm not going to do anything. I'll let the government sort it out. I'd rather that than leave and be taxed more because Osborne can't do his sums as we all of a sudden have £350m to pile into the NHS each day. :rolleyes:

And what cheap labour? I take it you mean cash in hand jobs? As long as it gets done, I don't mind who does it. Absolutely nothing to stop me going to another EU country and working there.

We take in far fewer numbers of immigrants than other countries and the vast majority are more willing to work than half the natives. If we leave, why should France even bother to stop them crossing over?

Soldato
I fear for longer term democracy and elections after this. I bet a substantial amount of Brexit voters had already given up on party politics and stopped voting a while ago, seeing this as their last chance to change something worth voting for.

Now we're resigned to more of the same for what will certainly be forever, I fear a large swath of people won't vote ever again, which could lead to an endless stream of Tory governments.

Man of Honour
I fear for longer term democracy and elections after this. I bet a substantial amount of Brexit voters had already given up on party politics and stopped voting a while ago, seeing this as their last chance to change something worth voting for.

Now we're resigned to more of the same for what will certainly be forever, I fear a large swath of people won't vote ever again, which could lead to an endless stream of Tory governments.

There isn't a single result in yet :confused:

Associate
See Table 1.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...e/529793/May16_Receipts_NS_Bulletin_Final.pdf

I will vote for the government which uses the increased tax receipts due to economic growth over time, to be used to deliver better public services for all. Note that part of that increased revenue is because of population growth.

I am happy for employers to select anyone they believe is suitable for a role as long as they pay the minimum wage and abide with employment law.

Oh mate, i'm not bothered about table 1 and all that blah blah.

I'm a warehouse manager at Nissan UK and all i know is that it takes me over a week to get a doctors appointment and my kids can't get a school place in the 3 schools we've tried for. Bring everyone over by all means, but we need to build an infrastructure to accommodate our every increasing population ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom