Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I fear for longer term democracy and elections after this. I bet a substantial amount of Brexit voters had already given up on party politics and stopped voting a while ago, seeing this as their last chance to change something worth voting for.

Now we're resigned to more of the same for what will certainly be forever, I fear a large swath of people won't vote ever again, which could lead to an endless stream of Tory governments.

If they go from a strong belief that we're such a powerful nation that we can go it alone outside the EU, and our British values are so precious that we can't risk diluting them down with free movement, to being totally apathetic about who is in government then I can't help but think they weren't really that bothered about any of this in the first place.

Soldato
Thanks guys so now I and others like me can look forward to a lifetime of minimum wage me being unskilled and all.Thanks to the endless supply of cheap labor eu migrants willing to work like shire horses for £7 an hour not all of us are bright enough to go uni or have well paid jobs.

Good, it'll keep prices down for those of us paying off student loans.

Caporegime
To me people that vote 'leave' largely fit the poorly-/un- -educated/-skilled/-employed demographic. I havent seen much that dissuades me from that initial opinion.

I do think a third further option of considering membership of EFTA might have been a sensible offer of a compromise.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Gib almost entirely votes to remain, no surprise tbf.

Bit of a bogus result imo, they are all in cloud ****oo land all the way over there. Looking forward to some real results.

Soldato
I fear for longer term democracy and elections after this. I bet a substantial amount of Brexit voters had already given up on party politics and stopped voting a while ago, seeing this as their last chance to change something worth voting for.

Now we're resigned to more of the same for what will certainly be forever, I fear a large swath of people won't vote ever again, which could lead to an endless stream of Tory governments.

A large amount of Brexiters I saw were loud mouth, rude and uneducated so I don't really care.

Soldato
To the people who voted 'remain' -

What are you going to do about building extra hospitals for our ever expanding population?

What are you going to do about building new schools for our ever expanding population?

We have Around 350'000 immigrants enter the UK every year - That's around 0.5% of the UK populations - If we can't handle 0.5% of immigrants every year, we have a bigger problem than just handling immigrants. That's a fairly standard percentage in comparison to other countries.

---

Lol @ the Gibraltar votes :p Who votes Leave in Gibraltar :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom