Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Gibraltar votes for Remain by big margin
Posted at
23:38
The results are in from Gibraltar, which has voted:

Leave: 823 (4%)
Remain: 19,322 (96%)
The turnout was 84%

Man of Honour
Well I think we need to send some Dreadnoughts to Gibraltar and pound them. That'll learn em, bloody Spaniards after all. :D

Soldato
To the people who voted 'remain' -

What are you going to do about building extra hospitals for our ever expanding population?

What are you going to do about building new schools for our ever expanding population?

Are you happy for employers to employ and pay for cheap European labour?

I voted out, but i'd have quite happily voted in if i knew Cameron would grow some balls and do something about our immigrant problem. I mean they are all queuing up in France to come over here and they do that for a reason and it's because it's so easy for handouts. Why don't they claim asylum status in France?

Building hospitals is not the way for better healthcare, what we need is better staffing. We have enough hospitals but the terribly managed system and incredibly high amount of private agency hire to make up staffing numbers costs us insane amounts. Luckily we have the most cost effective tax payers getting the bill: migrants. They have a higher employment rate than the locals, they are of working age and have less family members to use public services, on average use the NHS half as much and the cost of education was paid for by their home country. Bargain!

New schools? we can pay for them using the money economic migrants pay us. Hell we can even use them as builders, so that's taken care of. There might even be some leftover to pay for the services the elderly use, whom are not made up of migrants.

I am perfectly happy for employers to pay for European labour. When The locals dont want the work and the European labour helps local businesses as well as is a more cost effective way of obtaining a tax payer over growing our own.

The problem with this country are not the immigrants but the C64 of this world that want an easy ride; high pay for unskilled, easy labour that requires no qualifications. Plenty of jobs out there that pay well and require no education or book smarts. Some of my mates from school who came out with just GCSE's or the equivalent, ended up the wealthiest in the best paying jobs.

Soldato
To me people that vote 'leave' largely fit the poorly-/un- -educated/-skilled/-employed demographic. I havent seen much that dissuades me from that initial opinion.

I do think a third further option of considering membership of EFTA might have been a sensible compromise.

ps3ud0 :cool:

What an ignorant comment.

Associate
Get some skills or do unskilled work that Europeans are happy to do because they're not too proud to sweep the streets, do building work, wait tables, etc... If you're not willing to work hard then don't blame anyone other than yourself.

You're way off there. I work in construction, people draw the line at working for £40 a day and sleeping in the same room as 4 other blokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom