Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wouldn't now be a bad time for Scots to vote - a lot of their sway last time came from the amazing North Sea Oil / Gas... which appears to have gone down the toilet since the middle east started over producing. Where is their financial might going to come from?

Magic oil this time.

Permabanned
People do realise that Farage wasn't part of Vote Leave? It's those people like Boris and Gove who should be answering questions about those claims.

I really hope we can move on from this Cameronist form of politics where bigger and bigger lies get told that quite obviously cannot be fulfilled.

Lies? More bending the truth. Politicians have been economical with the truth for donkeys years, nothing new to Dave.

Soldato
I think we can all agree that there has been lies and deceit on both sides. It's been an awful campaign that has been very destructive from both sides. No one was ever going to come out of this smelling of roses.

What's done is done though. Let's bury the hatchet and get on with the job in hand and get this country back on track.

Agreed. Lets show that we can achieve great things. If the Scots want their independence let them have it. Its a certainty that they will now vote to leave the UK and possibly as quick as possible. I predict a November referendum if not early 2017.

We will still be a great trading nation and a beacon of hope. I would like to say a good luck to the fishermen up north. Have read their story and decimated doesn't quite seem fitting.

Soldato
Rumblings all across Europe are now starting. A lot of disenfranchised nations and people.

I think the remain camp while some on here have taken it in good grace others are behaving appallingly. I've seen comments stating the over 65's should be euthenased and comments referring to all Brexit people as racist unintelligent bigots and another from the #EURef hashtag or similar saying "that's the last time I give up my seat for the elderly". Disgraceful really.

If leave had have lost I would have acquiesced and taken it as the democratic decision to oppose democracy. That is all. 1.3m more people said no to the EU.

To be fair there are extremes on both sides, so lets call that one a draw.

Soldato
Agreed, Scotland has it's own agenda because of devolution, they see their future as part of the EU not part of the UK

Do they? Scotland voted pretty clearly to keep the union. This vote has forced the situation. You could say the EU vote is England and Wales voting to remove Scotland.

Soldato
Any bets on a snap election being called with a labour/lib dem pledge of remaining in their manifesto?! Heck most tories wanted to stay in too but their next leader will have to be a Brexiter.

This is something that was talked about breifly. As we're barely into the current term and the PM is stepping down there could be calls for a general election with some parties running on the promise of remain. Of course a GE would now require a vote in a commons since we have set 5 year terms.

Caporegime
Lies? More bending the truth. Politicians have been economical with the truth for donkeys years, nothing new to Dave.

Yes I'm too cynical to think that politicians are able to tell the truth all the time, but some of the stuff Cameron and Osborne came out with was truly on another level, not least cutting immigration to the tens of thousands.

Soldato
This is something that was talked about breifly. As we're barely into the current term and the PM is stepping down there could be calls for a general election with some parties running on the promise of remain. Of course a GE would now require a vote in a commons since we have set 5 year terms.

I thought about this too - constitutional nightmare!

ETA - and more turmoil.

Caporegime
I am personally hurt and saddened by this. So many people I know and care about are going to be negatively impacted by all this.

But, there's absolutely no denying that - in the greatest democratic event ever, and with a strong turnout - the British people have made their will clear. We must now leave the EU, and everyone must do their best to make the outcome the best for the UK that is now possible.

Well done to everyone on the Leave side, let us hope that all the arguments that I, and others on the Remain side, have made about the harm that this will do to the UK turn out to be for nothing and that the UK can grow and prosper through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom