Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thug
Soldato
Leave.

I suspect for different reasons to most.

We need to shake this country up, we need to rattle cages and put people, countries and mindsets under pressure.

I like that this creates turmoil and might need us to do some things differently.

It opens up opportunity and risk and that is good in my book.

I still call it 58% remain though.

Interesting opinion. I'm very much the same. The British made themselves great, and like life it self, sometimes you have to be uncomfortable to truly shine.

Soldato
I didn't old boy, but many will act exactly as I said. This forum is evidence that, so will the rest of the country. Plenty stand by their convictions, many won't and they are disappointing, but it's not surprising, it's life and people.

Grumble, grumble, grumble, grumble....

OK what you gong to do about it?

Grumble some more then do what everyone else is doing.

THAT is what we need to change, no idea how to shake them up now this opportunity has gone.

If it does turn out to be a remain vote, do you think that some might take this as a 'close call' and we might actually start to take more of an interest in wider EU issues, more of an interest in MEPs and (as much as it might be ridiculed by some) make an effort to be more part of the system and encourage change from within?

So in a sense, not grumble grumble but actually do something differently at the end of it all.

Soldato
The £ has had it strongest week in 30 years...

I'm not going to count any chickens before the final announcement though.....I lived through the '92 election....

Soldato
Interesting to see that the remain camp is winning on this poll where the leave voters were winning by quite a margin in the previous thread. Bearing in mind that this forum generally tends to the right, I feel we'll see similar results across the country. A massive swing to remain

Man of Honour
I was torn until the last moment but voted Leave.

I've no major problem with the EU but I feel Europe is just 'plodding along' and has various problems, I'm not convinced the EU bureaucrats can sort it out nor do they have our best interests at heart.

I think Remain will edge it comfortably, as typically happens in these situations. And I'll be fine with that.

Ultimately the future is hard to predict, we could come out and do well, or stay in and the EU goes from strength to strength. The complete opposite could happen too.

Soldato
Traitors.jpg

Soldato
But then you'd just get claims that the firmware in the counters had been hacked. Fairly sure there were claims similar to that in a few US states where they've tried electronic voting machines.

Same thing happened in Ireland - spent millions on voting machines, that were as secure as a wet paper bag. They all ended up in the bin.

Nate

Soldato
If it does turn out to be a remain vote, do you think that some might take this as a 'close call' and we might actually start to take more of an interest in wider EU issues, more of an interest in MEPs and (as much as it might be ridiculed by some) make an effort to be more part of the system and encourage change from within?

Dave Cameron couldn't enact any proper reforms with the threat of us leaving, some MEPs of ours on the payroll aren't going to do any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom