Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
heres one if we stay in, how long till wee jimmy crankie starts going on for a 2nd scottish one again. seeing as she wouldnt be able to use the brexit as an excuse.

I think - Leave or Remain - There will always be another second Scottish referendum.

Soldato
Apparently around 68-70% of voters have voted - Not too bad!

That would be really good to see. I must say when I went to vote earlier it was really busy. All ages young and old, some young people voting for the first time. I hope whatever happens it galvanises people into making themselves heard from now on, we sorely need it.

Soldato
That would be really good to see. I must say when I went to vote earlier it was really busy. All ages young and old, some young people voting for the first time. I hope whatever happens it galvanises people into making themselves heard from now on, we sorely need it.

Indeed high 80s would mean the tinfoils have made a good show of it.

Man of Honour
If it does turn out to be a remain vote, do you think that some might take this as a 'close call' and we might actually start to take more of an interest in wider EU issues, more of an interest in MEPs and (as much as it might be ridiculed by some) make an effort to be more part of the system and encourage change from within?

So in a sense, not grumble grumble but actually do something differently at the end of it all.

The problems within this country are the people within it, nothing else. We chose who we vote for, we chose what we want to see but we don't fight for it. If it is close it will be because people had no balls to make it less close and a leave vote. I am constantly disappointed with people who talk for England but do NOTHING to make a change to life, circumstance, those around them. Just read this forum for example after example.

None of us are perfect, we are all flawed, but FFS have some convictions and stand by them. I have high regard for people who have strong convictions and fight for them with a rationale and calm perspective. I have none for people who moan but won't lift a finger to change anything in their life.

Soldato
Dave Cameron couldn't enact any proper reforms with the threat of us leaving, some MEPs of ours on the payroll aren't going to do any better.

I don't know - why wouldn't they? If they were actually any good and took an interest in the issues. I'm not sure we'd know till we tried tbh. We've always been on the sidelines as a general population with our relationship to the EU (thanks to media portrayal).

Compared to other countries who are far more engaged with it, we just seem to not care. Get out what you put in and all that.

Soldato
I voted leave as I felt this was the one and only chance I'll ever get to make a difference with my vote. Plus when the EU goes belly up in however many years I can at least feel I tried :p

Never realistically felt it would win though as the public tends to err on the better the devil you know in matters like this (same as Scotland)

Caporegime
Remain.

The last thing we need is the financial instability of an exit given were still in austerity, political instability if brexit brought down the eu and the subsequent instability of a divided Europe, for all its imperfections European Union in its various forms has helped to keep the peace in Europe and we should never forget what disunity brought us in the last century.

Finally, Nigel Farage is a complete cretin :p

Soldato
Looks like Remain will win but hopefully at least by only a tiny majority.

At least we won't have to listen to weeee Jimmy Krankie going on about another Scottish referendum.

Soldato

Agreed! I was enthusiastic about how many people that were there when I voted! The more people who make their voices heard the better - I don't understand people that say they don't care about voting. They're often the ones that complain the most about things :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom