***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
When i was younger (so about 20+ years ago) I used to love Lego.. I remember having one which was kind of a plastic island and on the top built some sort of castle..and I think it had pirates in it. If only I could find it again..tried searching but only all the new stuff comes up.

Soldato
When i was younger (so about 20+ years ago) I used to love Lego.. I remember having one which was kind of a plastic island and on the top built some sort of castle..and I think it had pirates in it. If only I could find it again..tried searching but only all the new stuff comes up.

Have a look on Brickset, should be able to find the set number on there...

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Pirates

Soldato
Did it have lots of yellow plates and some of those red and black cannons? Im thinking of this one which is one of the ones i had as a child
6277-1.jpg

Associate
Did it have lots of yellow plates and some of those red and black cannons? Im thinking of this one which is one of the ones i had as a child
6277-1.jpg

I had this set as a child!! Oh the memories. My parents bought me LOADS of lego. Wish i had kept it all, the boxes, instructions etc. I don't think back then it was seen as such a collectors item that it is now. To me, as a child, it was just a toy. Rip open the box build it play with it and eventually gets broken down and just shoved in a large box with loads of other lego.

Soldato
I had this set as a child!! Oh the memories. My parents bought me LOADS of lego. Wish i had kept it all, the boxes, instructions etc. I don't think back then it was seen as such a collectors item that it is now. To me, as a child, it was just a toy. Rip open the box build it play with it and eventually gets broken down and just shoved in a large box with loads of other lego.
I think ive still got it im my loft, in a box with thousands of other lego bits. Ive got very few 'packaging boxes' as the bits are all in plastic tubs. Im hopeful when my kids get older (daughter of 3 and so 6 months) that they will like lego or we will have issues. Just need to get the mrs to accept that a wall needs to be dedicated to lego:p.

Caporegime
Anyone have any cool stands for lego flying ship type models?

Having them all on one level is taking up lots of space! Starting the tyridian shuttle build soon

Soldato
The Lego store at Lego Land (Windsor) had them in stock when I was there today :p

I shall be there soon! my son loves going there and we normally go just before his birthday. (45 mins from me)

Before we know it we will be on the shop before heading home and have a number of bags filled with Lego for his birthday! which then in turn means I spend the next day or two building them all! lol

Soldato
I may soon come into posesstion of a sack of random LEGO Bricks.

Does a site exist that you can put in what pieces you have and it tells you which sets you may be able to complete?

Associate
I have 2 daughters 9 and 6, they have been converted to the lego affliction!!! I just spent about 8 hrs yesterday building friends heartlake shopping mall, and Regana's castle, trying desperately to watch the footie at the same time! We do buy some sets new if they are on offer, but my kids have been quick to realise they can usually get 2 sets for the price of one if they get them 2nd hand. I only buy sets that have the booklets and are 99% or above complete. Touch-wood everything I've had from ebay is perfect, just keep a small paint brush hand to dust the pieces as you build!
The problem I have now is that the kids have me searching stuff on the bay, and I am seeing all the super expensive starwars sets, especially the UCS, making my fingers twitch. I'd have to buy two of each though, one to build and the kids to play with, the other to store in the loft.
We don't keep the boxes, but I file the instruction manuals away after building, no doubt in the future once the kids get older, it'll be fun trying to remake the sets and sell on, it's kind of an investment, it never loses huge value even having been played with, as long as it's not too faded and is well looked after.

Caporegime
I may soon come into posesstion of a sack of random LEGO Bricks.

Does a site exist that you can put in what pieces you have and it tells you which sets you may be able to complete?

The only thing you can really do with brickset in that regard is put the piece in and it tells you all the kits it's from. I have found it particularly useful to narrow down a random broken off piece on one of my sons ships when we have no idea where it broke off from.

Anyone have any cool stands for lego flying ship type models?

Having them all on one level is taking up lots of space! Starting the tyridian shuttle build soon

This guy has some excellent stands....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars...880599?hash=item21081a9517:g:CG4AAOSwI-BWKBsd

Back
Top Bottom