***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Picked up the Technic Extreme Adventure set (42069) from Argos today, never been a huge fan but the price was really good so took a punt. Loads of pieces so should keep my lad and I busy for a few evenings. They were also doing the 6x6 truck for a bargain price but appears to be sold out everywhere.

Soldato
Just a heads up, argos are doing most lego kits for 3 for 2. Really tempted but if i spent £300 on 3 models my wife may get very upset, shame they don't have the hogwarts castle though.

Associate
Just a heads up, argos are doing most lego kits for 3 for 2. Really tempted but if i spent £300 on 3 models my wife may get very upset, shame they don't have the hogwarts castle though.

Amazon have also reduced a lot of there prices to try and counter this.

Plus Argos have some Lego sets that are not in the 3 for 2 sale. But have still been reduced for clearance.

Underboss
Gents, my lads got 18kg of loose bricks he wants to sell, mostly from sets but a mixture of Technic and standard bricks from sets which he doesn't play with - he's not the type to build off book sadly so instead of it gathering dust he want's to sell it (against my advice) so he can fund more sets he likes.

Apart from the obvious places like Facebook and eBay am I missing a key place to sell it all? I know there are some sets inside such as the Toy Story train etc but can't guarantee that it's complete (although loose). Clearly at 18kg it's going to be a collection job but are there Lego groups etc which this sort of thing would be of interest? Also any tips if I did eBay it all I here on this forum is of people being scammed etc - or if anyone has any tips on selling this amount of volume that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Caporegime
Gents, my lads got 18kg of loose bricks he wants to sell, mostly from sets but a mixture of Technic and standard bricks from sets which he doesn't play with - he's not the type to build off book sadly so instead of it gathering dust he want's to sell it (against my advice) so he can fund more sets he likes.

Apart from the obvious places like Facebook and eBay am I missing a key place to sell it all? I know there are some sets inside such as the Toy Story train etc but can't guarantee that it's complete (although loose). Clearly at 18kg it's going to be a collection job but are there Lego groups etc which this sort of thing would be of interest? Also any tips if I did eBay it all I here on this forum is of people being scammed etc - or if anyone has any tips on selling this amount of volume that would be great.

Thanks in advance
Ebay classified sale, collection only?

Soldato
I'm going to be changing my UCS Falcon to a vertical display, so will have no use for my cirrent perspex display case. Much of a market for discounted perspex? I guess it'd be a pain to ship actually

Soldato
I'm going to be changing my UCS Falcon to a vertical display, so will have no use for my cirrent perspex display case. Much of a market for discounted perspex? I guess it'd be a pain to ship actually

What stand are you planning to use? Looking for ideas for when I eventually build mine, looks enormous...

Soldato
What stand are you planning to use? Looking for ideas for when I eventually build mine, looks enormous...

https://www.idisplayit.co.uk/accessories/75192-ucs-millennium-falcon-vertical-stand/

Probably that one. Wicked Brick do one too, though im not 100% on the dimensions in terms of the perspex case. You can also build your own:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10...l-stand-for-millennium-falcon-75192/#comments

Ive heard it has some flex, though. Someone made improvements but it's more googlefu than i have energy for right now!

Back
Top Bottom