***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Loool lego snob!

Only technics I have is the 911 but still boxed away, haven't even built my saturn. Haven't even built my kwiki mart! :eek:

Last one I finished was the batmobile before I got married. Then about half way through bubba fetts ship before my eldest was born... Give me a few more years... Haha

Soldato
A few bits built recently, firstly the Lunar Lander which I was trying to avoid until I saw the Adam Savage review, detail on this one is great.

Lego10266_LunarLander.jpg

Then a couple of kits from the far east, firstly a knock off of the Technic stunt racer although rather than having the standard IR RC setup found in the Lego kit this has a all in one (receiver, battery, motor) unit which works over bluetooth, which can be controlled either with the provided controller or downloading an app for your phone/tablet. All works very well and the quality of the kit is as good as Lego itself.

LegoStuntRacer.jpg

Lastly this one which has impressed me the most, just £14 for a small technic type kit with 1100+ pieces including a pullback motor. Quality of the pieces is fantastic and the instructions and stickers are also very good, although the colour of the blue stickers isn't the same as the plastic. For a small model it really does a good job of the 911 shape.

LegoTechnic911_01.jpg

LegoTechnic911_02.jpg

LegoTechnic911_03.jpg

Caporegime
Loool lego snob!

Only technics I have is the 911 but still boxed away, haven't even built my saturn. Haven't even built my kwiki mart! :eek:

Last one I finished was the batmobile before I got married. Then about half way through bubba fetts ship before my eldest was born... Give me a few more years... Haha

I started with the smaller sets. Like the star wars non ucs millennium falcon, poes x-wing

Then I got the ucs tie fighter, ucs falcon, ucs (knock off) imperial shuttle, technic porsche 911 gt3, chiron, saturn v Etc

Now I don't really have any interest in the smaller sets.
The small sets look like toys, the large sets look like display pieces.

Never been keen on the ucs cutaway sets. Battle of hoth and newer death star.

Soldato
Same, I’m well into things like architecture and the ‘adult’ space stuff these days.

I’d do the modular buildings but you can’t get the older ones anymore for a good collection.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Taj mahal is my favourite, bought off ebay second hand :) think it's in a plastic tub in my parents loft now :(

It was the Simpsons house that got me in to lego, then I just couldn't stop :D

Soldato
I'm caving guys, i'm going to buy my son the 76119 batmobile for his 3rd birthday:eek:. I've let him play with the small truck from the bucket excavator and hes ok with that (although he has also asked to play with the chiron, but thats not going to happen:D).

Soldato
I'm caving guys, i'm going to buy my son the 76119 batmobile for his 3rd birthday:eek:. I've let him play with the small truck from the bucket excavator and hes ok with that (although he has also asked to play with the chiron, but thats not going to happen:D).

Not to tell you how to parent, but why not go for the LEGO 76137 Batmobile instead? Bit more age appropriate and probably wont fall apart as much while he's playing with it.

The other kit is for 7+!

Associate
amazon have a deals on some lego today, ends midnight tonight.

LEGO 76130 Marvel Stark Jet and the Drone Attack Building Set, Multi-Colour - RRP £54.99, 38% off £33.82

LEGO 75242 Star Wars Black Ace Tie Interceptor Starfighter Set Includes mini BB-8 and Poe Dameron Minifigures, Resistance TV Show, Multi-Colour - RRP £44.99, 43% off £25.82

LEGO 41369 Friends Mia's House Set, 3 mini-dolls Rabbit and Horse Figures, Build and Play Dollhouse Toys for Kids, Multi-Colour - RRP £59.99, 40% off £35.99

LEGO 42079 Technic Heavy Duty Forklift Building Set with Workable Forks, Tow Truck with Crane, 2 in 1 Model - RRP £54.99, 38% off £33.82

LEGO 70670 NINJAGO Monastery of Spinjitzu Wu, Jay, Nya, Zane, Cole, Lloyd, Kai and Wyplash Minifigures Ninja Training Playground Set with Accessories - RRP £79.99, 39% off £49.19

LEGO 60210 City Sky Police Air Base Station, Aeroplane with Paratrooper Plus Jetpack, Motorbike and Car Toys, Chase Building Sets for Kids, Colourful - RRP £69.99, 39% off £43.04

LEGO 10895 Movie 2 Emmet and Lucy's Visitors from the DUPLO Planet Set with 4 Buildable Aliens, Colourful - RRP £24.99, 43% off, £14.34

LEGO MOVIE 2 70838 Queen Watevra’s Space Palace Set with Mini-Spaceships and 6 Minifigures - RRP 94.99, 25% off £71.24

Back
Top Bottom