***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
I know it has to be in grey, but I don't like that it's all grey!

Its gonna be expensive (shush, brexit)

Edit. **** I didn't realise it was already priced.
Can't justify it at 649.thats as much as falcon!

Soldato
I can barely find space for my Millenium Falcon and as such, it's not completely finished a year later. Now i've seen this and ready to buy, it's too expensive, I have no room for it but my god, i want it.

Caporegime
I don't want it as much as I thought I did.
I can only assume the price is due to our exchange rate?

Don't think this will be a big seller at this price.
It's 700usd so looks like it is the exchange rate

3000 pieces less and same price? Not worth it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't want it as much as I thought I did.
I can only assume the price is due to our exchange rate?

Don't think this will be a big seller at this price.
It's 700usd so looks like it is the exchange rate

3000 pieces less and same price? Not worth it.
How much was the falcon in usd? EDIT $800vs$700. So probably £600, yay brexit scores another win:p. Must be their most overpriced ucs set imo.

Associate
I went for the mine factory.

I started dismantling the Bucket Wheel Excavator last night and I'd forgotten how much of a chore Technic Lego is to take apart, my fingers are sore this morning.

Have you made any progress on this?

Also, did you buy balls from them or what are you going to use instead?

Having a read around, these seem to be the best alternative https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quercetti-...ll+100+pieces&qid=1567773467&s=gateway&sr=8-1

the balls from pv-productions are £11.53 for 50 of them, so these are a massive saving.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How much was the falcon in usd? EDIT $800vs$700. So probably £600, yay brexit scores another win:p. Must be their most overpriced ucs set imo.

They've got too cocky with this one.
Hope a enough don't get it. I'm not getting it. Decision made.
It's probably one I'm happiest not to get. The grey is true to form but it isn't as impressive looking as the falcon, saturn v, porsche 911 gt3.

Ill get it if I have the opportunity to lower than 500

Soldato
Missus has taken the UCS Star Destroyer out of my hands as I can't make up my mind if I want it or not.

I guess my Xmas pressie will be very grey and take about 13 hours to build....

Soldato
I didn't realise how empty it is. The video I watched just showed it to be a husk with a skin on it. I didn't realise the falcon was similar, although there is a bit more to it.

Soldato
Pretty boring ship really. I dont see how you would choose this over the Falcon.

Wish they would make a decent UCS blockade runner or Home One instead of rehashing existing models that are already good.

Soldato
I didn't realise how empty it is. The video I watched just showed it to be a husk with a skin on it. I didn't realise the falcon was similar, although there is a bit more to it.

There is much more to the falcon, the intricacy of the framework and the detail to the interior when you remove the top plates.

I've slept on the star destroyer and I don't have that dame excitement I did when they announced the falcon, will probably give it a miss.

Soldato
This is the reason I can't make up my mind.
Its just framework and a skin whereas the MF had internal detail.
But it's also a UCS ship from the original trilogy which are the only Lego models I collect.

Caporegime
So, looks like a bit of a Dissapointment all round? Certainly none of us seem that excited anyway.

Yes the falcon (same price) blows this out of the water. It looks awesome. So detailed and intricate. Amazing interior sections.

I moved out twice intact in 2 house moves for the fear of terror of having to build it again :D

This doesn't have that wow factor, but it does have that wow price. More time goes on more I'm Dissapointed

Back
Top Bottom