***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Afternoon.

My son has a Mindstorms EV3 set (passed down from cousins) and is loving it.

He's currently building the Ev3rstorm Robot and it needs rubber bands that weren't in the box.

Should we be buying these: https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-red-rubber-band-3-x-3-25mm-71321-700051 or something else?

He's using the computer program for the instructions so there isn't a traditional parts page at the end.

We'd also need one of the sword blade pieces (Scorpion robot legs) too at some point as one is snapped.

Thanks.

Afternoon.

My son has a Mindstorms EV3 set (passed down from cousins) and is loving it.

He's currently building the Ev3rstorm Robot and it needs rubber bands that weren't in the box.

Should we be buying these: https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-red-rubber-band-3-x-3-25mm-71321-700051 or something else?

He's using the computer program for the instructions so there isn't a traditional parts page at the end.

We'd also need one of the sword blade pieces (Scorpion robot legs) too at some point as one is snapped.

Thanks.

That?

Parts for it are listed here

Last edited:
Reactions: taB
Lots of Lego being exchanged yesterday

My eldest got

1000048969-01.jpg

1000048967-01.jpg

This was knocking about as a general "something to put together" (believe it was a free gift)

1000048962-01.jpg

One.of my nephews got / built this

1000048970-01.jpg

One.of my other nephews got

1000048966-01.jpg

I suspect it may take some time

And I got this from my eldest

1000048874-01.jpg

And this from my Mrs ! Can not wait to get home and make a.start ! :D

1000048876-01.jpg

1000048877-01.jpg

Anyone know when new sets usually get their first discount?

Want to buy the Chevy Corvette 1961 but recently every time I buy a set it gets discounted the week after.

Last edited:
It depends on how well it is selling and how many retailers are selling it. Some are exclusive to lego.com, some are lego.com ('exclusive') and one other retailer ('hard to find'), the rest are sold by most retailers.

Sales are more likely to happen via 3rd party retailers (Smyths, Amazon, Argos etc.), Lego.com tend to hold their prices unless they are EOL or not selling well. For example, the new Chewbacca is discounted, I'd bet its not selling that well.

It depends on how well it is selling and how many retailers are selling it. Some are exclusive to lego.com, some are lego.com ('exclusive') and one other retailer ('hard to find'), the rest are sold by most retailers.

Sales are more likely to happen via 3rd party retailers (Smyths, Amazon, Argos etc.), Lego.com tend to hold their prices unless they are EOL or not selling well. For example, the new Chewbacca is discounted, I'd bet its not selling that well.

Thanks, I have some Lego vouchers that expire in a month so I will give it until then and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom