***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

They are much easier to install once the build is complete and just a bit of a fiddle to deconstruct a bit.
Ah, I did wonder as the instruction video I watched before ordering showed them dismantling to install them - cheers

Sweet build. Post a photo of the lights installed wherever you get to it. Like to see that.

That's a problem with too much Lego space and display.

Thanks and yes, of course, will do!

Will be interested to see the light kit also....toying with getting one for the Le Mans car but if i was to light it up, i think i would want the number board to light up in a similar way to actual le mans does with the single dot for first place etc. Looks like the kits do just the front/rear lights and interior.

Will be interested to see the light kit also....toying with getting one for the Le Mans car but if i was to light it up, i think i would want the number board to light up in a similar way to actual le mans does with the single dot for first place etc. Looks like the kits do just the front/rear lights and interior.
I did look around and some places seemed to do name boards (general kits) so would think you should be able to find one.

Kit open ...

1000050312-01.jpg

So, kit done ...

1000050347-01.jpg

1000050353-01.jpg

1000050354-01.jpg

1000050349-01.jpg

1000050350-01.jpg

1000050352-01.jpg

I think it looks better in the flesh than in the pictures

May disconnect the "inside" lights when displayed as there is a lot of "bleed" through the gaps (only to be expected)

Overall for £15ish I'm impressed the installation (with my sausage fingers and less than 20:20 vision) was fiddly in places and although generally good the instructions were vague in some areas / steps and had to dismantle quite a bit to get them fitted

I reckon overall it took about 1 to 1 1/2 hours to install

Last edited:
So, kit done ...

1000050347-01.jpg

1000050353-01.jpg

1000050354-01.jpg

1000050349-01.jpg

1000050350-01.jpg

1000050352-01.jpg

I think it looks better in the flesh than in the pictures

May disconnect the "inside" lights when displayed as there is a lot of "bleed" through the gaps (only to be expected)

Overall for £15ish I'm impressed the installation (with my sausage fingers and less than 20:20 vision) was fiddly in places and although generally good the instructions were vague in some areas / steps and had to dismantle quite a bit to get them fitted

I reckon overall it took about 1 to 1 1/2 hours to install
There's quite a bit of bleed through on my big falcon with the lights. I guess it's the tradeoff of having parts that open up.

And
1000050358-01.jpg

1000050357-01.jpg

1000050356-01.jpg

1000050355-01.jpg
I remember doing the light kit for the Ecto 1 and it was a massive ball ache, but the end result makes it al worth while.

Finally started making some of the Lego I've bought over the last few years but have now run out of space to put it. Anyone got any storage ideas? Thinking of some Ikea Besta units with glass doors to try cut down on dust

Yep, wasn't a criticism, just an observation and if / when I put it in my study on display likely disconnect the internal lights :)

Any pics of your big MF ?
I've taken a couple just now but the bleedthrough isn't too bad as it's daytime. I've also stuck some older ones I've taken at night. The biggest issue I find is trying to find the right hole ( :D ) when taken the panel's off the top as they don't fold out like the smaller one.
embed

embed

embed
embed

Anyone here tried making their own Lego Great Ball Contraptions? I've been hooked on it for the past month or so, dug out all my old Lego and Technic. So many interesting designs around, but trying to make my own mechanisms without just following bits of other's shared instructions and it's far harder than I was expecting. Satisfying when it works and you get to hear the whole thing clunk away moving the marbles around :D

Lets see your full set up on that wall looks good with the cars hanging up as well.

Did you just 3D print a bracket for them?

I‘m going to hang mine up but I really like the HUYL mounts - https://huyl.it/ they’re pretty pricey for what they are but may just get 1 a month for a year and get them all looking class on the walls.

Last edited:
Lets see your full set up on that wall looks good with the cars hanging up as well.

Did you just 3D print a bracket for them?

I‘m going to hang mine up but I really like the HUYL mounts - https://huyl.it/ they’re pretty pricey for what they are but may just get 1 a month for a year and get them all looking class on the walls.
Thanks - I'm impressed with the mounts

It's 3D printed, but off eBay -£10 !

Had to move the landing "feet" slightly as rte mounts aren't 100% compatable.acros all the MF models but was literally moving the feet a bit - also told the seller and he's going to update the mount and fixing template

Back
Top Bottom