** The Official OcUK Mechanical Keyboard Thread **

Man of Honour
I'm looking at getting a Logitech G710+, but the layout of the keyboard is a concern - All the images show the US layout (I think? With the small enter and large shift), does it actually come like that or do OCUK stock a UK layout? And if not is it hard to get used to?

It'll be the UK layout if you buy from a decent UK supplier like OCUK :)

Soldato
Just got my new ducky delivered cant believe how heavy these things are really nice and well built loove the clickiness need one for the office now though

Soldato
I got the orange with brown switches wanted feedback through the switches as I use a headset so clicky is useless for me, going back to a normal board is going to be tough

Associate
My new ducky arrived today also, the orange LED one, with red switches.

Only got to open it up over lunch before i headed back to work, but my god the build quality is unreal, it feels so nice, and the feel of the swtiches was nice, can't wait to get it plugged in and play around with the light settings.

Thanks OcUK!

Associate
With the (mostly)positive comments being made about 'Mechanical' decided to give it a go - upgraded from a Logitech G510 to a Gigabyte Osmium and have added O-rings (btw do NOT believe anyone who says it only takes 30 mins to install the rings - took me 90mins:o)
Great build quality , nice lighting and , once I added the O-rings, quiet. Certainly feels more positive and better quality than the Logitech although only time will tell if the quality is as good as I believe.
Price from here was £79.95 + 9.99 for the rings - total cost of just under £90 - Excellent !:)

Soldato
Does adding o-rings not make it feel like a rubber dome kb if your keys are then bottoming out on rubber? I wouldn't mind trying it, but i'm not paying £5 to find out they are not for me. Think i'll have a root through my man drawer..

Associate
Does adding o-rings not make it feel like a rubber dome kb if your keys are then bottoming out on rubber? I wouldn't mind trying it, but i'm not paying £5 to find out they are not for me. Think i'll have a root through my man drawer..

Not to me - they remain positive and do make a muffled click when they bottom out. What goes is the harsh metalic 'click' :)

I would add that my view might be different for as different keyboard or the same keyboard but with different switches(mine are red) :) Best option is , as you say you will, give it a try - you only need the one ring :D

Associate
The RGB LED versions are due fairly soon.

I am seriously tempted to go for the K70 with brown switches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_R4t5cInyM

Any idea what the expected price will be for those? The current K70 is selling for around $130 and £110. The new one is said to be $169, do you think this will make it ~£140. If this is true it is going to be too expensive for me. And I only really want white back lighting.

Back
Top Bottom