** The Official OcUK Mechanical Keyboard Thread **

Associate
I did try to get a few pics, but it's impossible to get the colour of the leds right. It just looks orange no matter what colour balance I tried, so gave up in the end.

I have the same problem with mine, I've got the orange backlit keys and trying to get the spacebar LEDs to the same colour is a nightmare so I've just disabled them. I think I would've preferred that they'd used the same LEDs as all the rest of the keys instead of RGB ones.

Can't say I've had any issues with mine turning off and haven't noticed any flickering either so doubt I'll bother with a firmware upgrade, my only problem is my caps lock LED stopped working. I found if I remove the key and put some pressure on the LED it works so it seems like the connection has come loose, possibly because I was too forceful installing the rubber O-rings... :( I always have caps lock off anyway so I think I can live with it, annoying though!

Soldato
I decided to go for the firmware update in the end. It went smoothly and added a new lighting mode and also the pmw flicker seems a lot better. Just had bad experiences with firmware updates in the past so was a bit hesitant. There are quite a few fixes and added features that might interest you. http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/firmware_updater.html

Also not had the kb turn off since the update, so that could have been some sort of compatibility issue I guess.

Shame that one of your leds has gone :(. Would be worth getting it repaired under warranty while you can?

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers for that link, I do like the look of the adjustable reactive mode! Now that I'm looking for it I think I can see the flickering, heh, think I'll be updating soon!

I might email them and see what they say about repairing it but I'm pretty sure it's my own stupid fault so doubt I'd be covered under the warranty. I think I just pressed too hard after installing the O-ring... On the rest of the keys, the LEDs are a little bit taller than the switches when they're depressed but the caps lock LED on mine is pushed a bit further in, and it was working fine when I got it. :(

Ah well, after using my crappy keyboard at work all day it was still nice typing this post on a proper keyboard. :D

Associate
I might email them and see what they say about repairing it but I'm pretty sure it's my own stupid fault so doubt I'd be covered under the warranty. I think I just pressed too hard after installing the O-ring... On the rest of the keys, the LEDs are a little bit taller than the switches when they're depressed but the caps lock LED on mine is pushed a bit further in, and it was working fine when I got it. :(

Ah well, after using my crappy keyboard at work all day it was still nice typing this post on a proper keyboard. :D

This should be fixable under the warranty, as long as the warranty stickers are still intact and no physical damage to the keyboard (doesnt sound like it from what you said) I dont see why our RMA centre would reject this.

The questions is can you survive with your crappy keyboard while its being repaired :D

Last edited:
Associate
This should be fixable under the warranty, as long as the warranty stickers are still intact and no physical damage to the keyboard (doesnt sound like it from what you said) I dont see why our RMA centre would reject this.

The questions is can you survive with your crappy keyboard while its being repaired :D

Haha, awesome. :D I emailed Spencer at the RMA centre just before I saw this so will see what he says, couldn't pressing too hard on the key cause damage to the LED connection though?

Hehe, it'll be tough no doubt but the perfectionist in me will appreciate it in the long run! :p

Associate
Got myself a CM Quickfire Stealth TK (brown), really happy with it, only complaint would be there isn't an option to backlight the whole thing - but I guess that's what the more expensive non-Stealth version is for. My 5 year old cousin picked it up and said it's not a proper keyboard because there's nothing on the keys \o/

Soldato
Just ordered myself a Poker 2, MX browns with green backlighting. Woop!! Should be here tuesday, also got a Pexon green USB cable on its way. Will post pictures when they arrive!

Soldato
WP_20140506_005.jpg

Poker 2 arrived, great little keyboard, expensive yes, but cool none the less!

Just waiting for my green USB cable to turn up now, Might play around with some of the keys but I am obviously a bit more limited if I want to keep the backlighting.

Soldato
You can't have both the win key and the caps key on, you can swap them around, its to do with the fact that so many keys are interchangeable being a 60% board and all. I agree though, seems a strange omission.

Associate

Just wanted to say thanks really and let others know that Ducky offer an excellent RMA service, they fixed my problem and had the keyboard back to me surprisingly quickly, think it was only 3 or 4 days after they received it. Very impressed, thanks again!

Soldato
Really wanting to change to a mech they look brill but cant decide on switches, currently using a cyborg v7 mesh but would like something that I feel a press through my fingers, mashing 1,2,3,4 in diablo 3 its difficult to know if youve caught the key or not. Would browns serve this purpose? audible clicks are no good as I wear earphones, What id really like is a heavy brown switch but cherry dont seem to make, the closest is white but very few of them about

Last edited:
Associate
Really wanting to change to a mech they look brill but cant decide on switches, currently using a cyborg v7 mesh but would like something that I feel a press through my fingers, mashing 1,2,3,4 in diablo 3 its difficult to know if youve caught the key or not. Would browns serve this purpose? audible clicks are no good as I wear earphones, What id really like is a heavy brown switch but cherry dont seem to make, the closest is white but very few of them about

Not 100% sure but I'd check out the Gamdias Hermes. Tried the keyboard at i51, don't unfortunately own one yet but probably going to buy one soon. Really solid keyboard and sounds perfect for what you are after =] Bare in mind my current one is a Ducky Shine 2 and im also looking to upgrade :p

Associate
Ordered the Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red, orange LED earlier today.

Really excited, it will be my first mechanical keyboard, got it on special delivery so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow up in scotland!

Associate
I'm looking at getting a Logitech G710+, but the layout of the keyboard is a concern - All the images show the US layout (I think? With the small enter and large shift), does it actually come like that or do OCUK stock a UK layout? And if not is it hard to get used to?

Back
Top Bottom