**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
If it was a matte finish it would have looked nicer IMHO. Still good to see that OP are continuing the tradition of releasing red colour phones.

The Silk white is the best variant thus far however I'm sure that the Red will sell bucket loads too.

Soldato
Agreed stoosh, if I was to get a 6 it'd be the white/gold model. So purrrrrty.

Dude I don't know how you've resisted not getting a OP6. I know you're waiting for the Pixel 3 series but trust me the Silk White looks so amazing in the flesh. Pictures don't do it enough justice.

It's proper purrrrrty :)

Associate
If it was a matte finish it would have looked nicer IMHO. Still good to see that OP are continuing the tradition of releasing red colour phones.

The Silk white is the best variant thus far however I'm sure that the Red will sell bucket loads too.

i like the white but rose gold outer frame puts me off should have been gold instead

Soldato
Anyone have any idea when the OP6T or OP7 will be out? Haven't seen anything conclusive online but looks like it might be around Sep/Oct?

Soldato
Anyone have any idea when the OP6T or OP7 will be out? Haven't seen anything conclusive online but looks like it might be around Sep/Oct?

Well the cycle seems to be every 6 months now. OnePlus 6 canoe out the end of may so we should expect next one in November/December

Soldato
As posted above the 6T will be out sometime in Q4.

Be interested to see what updates OP bring to the table. Especially since they have outlined an update policy which is very close to the Pixel phones.

Soldato
More like November, 6 months after the OP6.

Well the cycle seems to be every 6 months now. OnePlus 6 canoe out the end of may so we should expect next one in November/December

Cool thanks.

Just ordered the 128gb midnight black with a nylon case and screen protector.

The likely upgrades (better speaker, wireless charging) aren't that important to me so figured it's not worth waiting.

Associate
Just recently got the OP6 and am blown away by the battery life - yet there are no reviews I've seen, agreeing with me! My fav phones hv always been stock Android (N5, N6P...) though I've usually ended up with a Galaxy (2,3,4.6,7 & 8)
The OP6 is giving me a day & a half + 6-7hrs SOT...these figures are MUCH better than my Sammy's!

I find also, I'm not wary of using it to the max, coz when it DOES start getting low, I can just whack it on the Rapid Charger for 20-30 mins while I make a cuppa & a sarnie or something, and it's back up to 60-70%!! Awesome phone... :)

The ONLY thing I miss (though it's not REALLY necessary) is the ability to 'quietly' place it on my wireless charger at night without disturbing the 'other half' while she's kipping, rather than having to fumble about with the cable...(OP6T no doubt...)

Soldato
Dude I don't know how you've resisted not getting a OP6. I know you're waiting for the Pixel 3 series but trust me the Silk White looks so amazing in the flesh. Pictures don't do it enough justice.

It's proper purrrrrty :)

I've not seen anyone with an OP6 yet let alone a white model. I've had the OP3 and 5 so feel a need for bigger change this time round. I want dat Pixel cam.

Last edited:
Associate
Screen
Speed
WiFi
Construction
Materials
Shape
Camera & software

Speed I will argue with, the exynos soc in the s9 (UK) is slower with worse battery life and far inferior gpu than the snapdragon 845 found in the s9 us and one plus 6.

And with more bloat, I really find it hard to believe.

Soldato
Gone for a silk white one of these :)

Decided I would get a dual sim handset to avoid carrying around personal and work phones and this is the best value I reckon. Tempted by the P20 Pro dual sim version but that is hard to find!

Soldato
The Bullet wireless earphones finally arrived and work well with the OP6 . It's blatantt copy of the Beats X as the OP6 recognises the earphones straight away without having to find the phone

Last edited:
Soldato
How dangerous is it to root your OnePlus 6? I'm running OxygenOS 5.1.8 on my phone and need access to the Linux kernel APIs for a programming project but I've never rooted an Android device before, and I'm a bit nervous about doing it. I don't mind if I accidentally delete all the data on my phone, but I don't want to brick the phone itself. As long as I can get back to a standard install of OxygenOS, then I'll be happy to do it.

Associate
How dangerous is it to root your OnePlus 6? I'm running OxygenOS 5.1.8 on my phone and need access to the Linux kernel APIs for a programming project but I've never rooted an Android device before, and I'm a bit nervous about doing it. I don't mind if I accidentally delete all the data on my phone, but I don't want to brick the phone itself. As long as I can get back to a standard install of OxygenOS, then I'll be happy to do it.

It's pretty safe and easy to do. I'll link a guide with plenty of info, but I'll copy this part out to warn you as unlocking the bootloader is part of the process. So make sure you back up anything you want to keep first.
Unlocking the bootloader will/should completely wipe all data from the device. This includes apps, settings and even the contents of the internal sdcard (pictures, music, etc.). Copy all important files off the phone onto a PC or upload them to a cloud.

I followed this and it worked fine for me:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6/how-to/oneplus-6-unlock-bootloader-flash-twrp-t3792643

Back
Top Bottom