**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
Some really good reviews of the OP6 on YouTube. I'm quite tempted when I get rid of my current S7, my reasoning being what real world features I am missing - none really and for the money I don't see how you can go wrong with this phone.

Mind you it will be a cash sale, none of that contract nonsense, as that turns a decent priced phone into an expensive one.

Soldato
Soldato
5.1.9 is out just now for the OP6.

System
  • Updated Android security patch to 2018.7
  • Fixed issues with accidental touches triggering gestures ( Draw V)
  • Supported Telia Finland VoLTE (Default On) and VoWifi (Default Off)
  • General bug fixes and improvements
Camera
  • Improved image quality
  • Integrated Google Lens mode
    • Now you can access Google lens from your camera with a tap and Google Lens will tell you what’s in the image, giving you information about things like books, buildings, and works of art etc.
  • Added beauty mode for Selfie Portrait
Wireless & networks
  • Optimized stability for Wi-Fi connection
  • Fixed stability issue with the Bluetooth connection for cars

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-5-1-9-ota-for-the-oneplus-6.871374/

I've VPN'd to Germany and downloading it now.

Associate
Got the OnePlus 6 red yesterday after having an s8 since it's release

Main things I've noticed so far
-Build quality is just as good
-Screen isn't as bright on auto and not as nice in general but to be expected.
-Dash charge is ridiculously fast
-Sound from audio jack not as good, seems flatter overall on same ear phones
-I found the s8 sluggish at times and I don't remember it ever being as responsive as the oneplus currently is
-Camera seems great so far especially being able to take portrait photos but I've not tested it much
-Battery life is noticeably better but early days
- Face unlock is very good, and I'll miss a phone without it being so instant even in low light

So basically I'm very happy so far and can live with some of the disadvantages where they have cut corners. Well worth the money especially once I sell s8.

Soldato
Um, stupid question. With regards to the referral thingy -- if I use someone's code does that mean I get £20 off accessories? :confused:

Soldato
Do we think the price might drop a bit because of the MWC in the US next month and all the announcements/new products? Do OP have a history of dropping the prices before Christmas and/or they bring out the 6T? :confused:

Associate
Of course a 6T will be released, cant see it being much of an upgrade though. Maybe just wireless charging, stereo speakers etc minor upgrades.

Back
Top Bottom