*** The Official OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 Thread ***

Associate
Is it worth upgrading from Lion to Mountain Lion? Is ML less of a memory hog?

If ianyone could answer this that would be great as this is what is holding me off upgrading to ML.

I have a mid 2010 15" 2.53 i5 with 8Gb ram, standard HDD and currently running Lion but somethings do beachball sometimes etc.

Would ML make any improvement?

Soldato
Any one had to re-enter their iCloud account after installing 10.8.1 ?

It went through everything for me as soon as I restarted my computer! Almost pooped myself thinking it had some how done a reset!

Commissario
Not sure if this has been covered, but pausing a DVD - if the screen switches off (I have a 1 minute display sleep), and press play again using a remote then the DVD continues to play with sound, but display doesn't wake up. Only way to do this is to click the mouse or keyboard.
Has this been recognised as an issue?

Commissario
To be fair, the built in daily, weekly and monthly tasks will do the regular maintenance chores. I had to use Onyx last week to rebuild the launch services database as I had two instances of a couple of apps in the right click/open with menu but that's the first time in a long while I've had to do any maintenance.

I use AppCleaner when I delete an app, it picks up any preference files left over but it's not really needed. OS X isn't like Windows where leftover stuff in the registry is still loaded when the OS boots - Orphaned plist files aren't loaded and are effectively ignored. Of course it's nice to have a clean system though :) but it's not essential to delete the leftover cruft.

Soldato
Unsure whether it's a 10.8 issue, but for some reason, I can not edit all the Final cut pro titles' text. If I click on the text tab in the inspector - I cant edit the text, neither does double clicking the sepected text work.

One of my favourites in particular isn;t working, which is annoying me to no end (lower thirds one)

Anyone here have the same issue?

Back
Top Bottom