*** The Official OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 Thread ***

Soldato
Right I caved and decided to install (Lion was bugging me as it wasn't getting me back on my network after sleep).

Impressed with the little improvements so far and have no problems, just want to know how to get rid of my name off the top bar?!?! I have a really long name and it annoys me that OSX wants to tell me about it every moment of the day...

Also the pinch out on safari activates the tab slide show!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I am a little moist

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol it's only 18 letters across 3 names, just a double barrelled surname is a bit of a waste of the top bar as it clashes with all the options in word....

Plus all my computers are single user anyway so it's a feature I don't need to know about :p (forever alone mac)

Right its official ML is the best OSX, no more changing things, everything seems to finally just work, websites load properly, it can sleep and rejoin the network and everything! Should have sorted this out last month...

Last edited:
Soldato
Sensible question, can users add things into the notification centre? I missed out on (another) dreacast fishing rod on ebay and it would be good to have an ebay "stuff is running out of time to bid on" notification

Soldato
Omg! No one told me they sort of fixed the fullscreen problems when you have an external monitor plugged into a macbook!

Can now use the full screen app function on the external monitor instead of it automatically going back to my macbook screen :D That has massively improved my day and impression of ML.

Soldato
Just installed the new update and it popped up with an icloud screen as soon as I rebooted asking me what I want to automatically sync. I can't really do my aperture library as its about 300gb but the other parts of it seem pretty useful.

Back
Top Bottom