The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Soldato
It sort of is, it's a 40", which is TV size. The panel is better than a TV though.

Nope. The differences between a TV and a monitor are simple as per my last post. Size has nothing to do with it because you can get 17" TVs, which have tuners in them making them actual TVs and not monitors.

Associate
Nope. The differences between a TV and a monitor are simple as per my last post. Size has nothing to do with it because you can get 17" TVs, which have tuners in them making them actual TVs and not monitors.

It comes down to dot pitch at the end of the day in practical terms.

Associate
It comes down to dot pitch at the end of the day in practical terms.

Even at 40" the PPI is 110, higher than the 100 of a 30@ 2560*1600 panel so that is true, but this is an 8-bit VA panel rather than a 10-bit IPS panel, it'll be nice to look at and totally adequate for gaming but the new 32" IPS panels in the Benq and LG would be better suited to design work.

For me though, it's a game changer, playing PC games at 40" on my desk, I might finally be able to see who shot me in FPS's :D

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OK spoken to Philips UK and Germany, practically zero stock coming this year with about 50-100pc due in Europe/UK in January.

Needless to say actually obtaining one of these before March next year will be hard work, like rocking horse poop poop.

OcUK Staff
A competitor has it listed at £615 but it isn't in stock and it says "Pending"

Well Philips state 50 for UK in December, I have grabbed 30pc of those. Am now trying to take Germany's stock of this of 100pc for January, but Ze Germans don't wanna share it with me. :D

OcUK Staff
great job Gibbo, so when are you going to list it as pre-order?

We won't be doing so until we get a clear confirmation they have shipped, not gonna cause any upset.

Plus we have one potential customer wanting to buy nearly all of them from us for a crazy high price.

So until we 110% know what we are getting and when plus if our business customers wants them or not we won't be listing anything, as it would be foolish for us to list and product we cannot deliver in a reasonable timeframe.

When I know more I shall share it here.

Associate
I bet these will be listed at a big premium when they land...I'll either wait it out or go for a 34" ultra wide (still not sure what is the right option!)

Soldato
Darn those business customers that will pay top dollar and pop it on expenses :(

Business is business though I guess!

Not sure I can wait until March....bring on the competition from LG, AOC, Dell, etc..

Associate
What GPUs are you driving it with? And out of interest, are you using this as a desk based monitor?

I'd have thought all people would be using it with 2 x GTX 780 or better as a minimum really for ideal use for games and to allow games that don't support SLI to have some chance of being playable at native res.
On the desk question, well how big is your desk? Will fit easily on mine but I'm sure it won't be such a comfy fit on an argos £19.99 desk. :p

Back
Top Bottom