The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

OcUK Staff
HI there

Latest update is still nothing I believe in UK or Germany, I think one other UK reseller might have obtained 20 units and that is it. We've told Philips we want 500pc but they simply cannot produce that many.

Associate
0dbb5936-67f5-4774-b488-1b8dbc67ae87_zps40db46c6.jpg

Associate
Anyone know how heavy this is? I'm wondering if the Ergotron Neo-Flex Widescreen stand would work with it, as I've no easy way of fixing the monitor to my desk, and wall mounting is out as there's a window behind my desk!

Specs say it's rated for up to 32" monitors, but I'm thinking with a VESA adaptor this would fit? Really need something this big sitting almost flush on the desk....

Associate
My order is 'currently being picked by our warehouse team', however delivery takes '1-3 working days' so I might not receive it till Monday, once I do I'll spam some pictures.

[UPDATE]Shipped .... squeeeeeeee

Last edited:
Soldato
How did I miss that this was VA?

Interesting. Though, just getting used to a 32 inch now, 40 inch would be very high to use as a monitor, and I don't even sit that close.

Now if this was 39/40 inches, but just in a 21:9 aspect ratio.... hell, at that, I would happily settle for 3440x1440.

Am looking forward to hearing how people get on with it. Maybe I could get used to the size if it's just too awesome to miss :)

Soldato
I know, Its just the principle. If your posting on here Im assuming your probably smarter than the average person who hasn't a clue about scaling technology, 4k monitors etc.. so I just didn't expect or appreciate that wording from a fellow nerd.

that was the reason. I think some input lag testing is needed also..

If the guy's being an idiot, he's being an idiot. It doesn't matter whether we all nerds or not.

It does look like the guy's exaggerated (or it might be innocent and he's just miscalculated the numbers) how strong the effect will be (assuming that they definitely ARE rectangular pixels).

You're talking 16mm over the whole width of the monitor, even for graphics work, it won't be an issue as long as you make sure you have you numbers correct (ie, make a square and make sure it measures correctly in the software you're using, say, 100mm x 100mm and you won't have a problem).

Soldato
Oh man, only £550 retail price!

I found it at one shop that had stock the other day listed at £650, it's now out of stock with more due in about 2 weeks.

The split screen mode would be great for having a windows desktop plugged into one half and an OSX laptop plugged in on the other so that software specific to each could be run concurrently.

Wall mounting could be an issue though due to the bit at the bottom jutting out where it connects to the base. Hmmm...I would really need something this big to sit as flush as possible agains the wall.

SGlKgLz.png

Back
Top Bottom