*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
It won't be a 7,200rpm one, that much is almost certain. At least the option is there to upgrade later though.
Theres a good chance my PS3 and PS4 will swap drives a soon as I get it then :)
They said that 4k was only for media, games are not going to happen and 3D is not a focus.
Im pretty sure that the PS4 only plays games :p;)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
How come on the Amazon US site they have launch day edition ps4's to show that your getting one of the launch ones but on the UK site they don't so you have no idea if your getting a launch one.

Soldato
Hrm I thought that perhaps PS4 would be supporting 3D for gaming. Is this not the case? Googling about suggests not.

It's an AMD GPU and they have never been great when it comes to 3D support on their cards. Nvidia seem ahead in that area so perhaps they are not really bothering this time.

Soldato
Isnt deep down just a tech demo? Nothing was shown at e3 and im sure i read somewhere it was a tech demo.

heres the quote...

"Deep Down is a technical demonstration running on Capcom's "Codename: Panta Rhei" engine, the technology that will serve to create the company's first Playstation 4 games.

NOTE: This project may or may not result in a releasable game product, as "Deep Down" was created initially as a tech demo. Please check back for official info."

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just watched the one for Destiny too... hmm, not so sure im enamoured with the art. The baddies just seem to resemble so many other games (not the least Halo, obviously), and one of the good races "Exo" faces seen in the released screen seems directly ripped from Mass Effect. Still, it looks good overall, and the multiplayer aspect looks awesome.

Soldato
Isnt deep down just a tech demo? Nothing was shown at e3 and im sure i read somewhere it was a tech demo.

heres the quote...

"Deep Down is a technical demonstration running on Capcom's "Codename: Panta Rhei" engine, the technology that will serve to create the company's first Playstation 4 games.

NOTE: This project may or may not result in a releasable game product, as "Deep Down" was created initially as a tech demo. Please check back for official info."

Pretty sure it's been confined as a title now

Soldato
OP
How come on the Amazon US site they have launch day edition ps4's to show that your getting one of the launch ones but on the UK site they don't so you have no idea if your getting a launch one.

Its not a launch day edition PS4 (Unlike the Xbox One, who have a special launch day controller). Its because pre-orders have exhausted the initial hardware allocations. So Amazon US have placed a "Launch Day" flag to let the customer know if they will get a PS4 on launch day, or if sometime after.

Soldato
Its worrying the UK stock hasn't been exhausted yet... unless there just taking an uncapped amount of Pre-Orders. Anyone ordering now won't be sure if there guranteed a launch unit or not until it may be too late.

Back
Top Bottom