*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Any know how much I'll get for my original ps3 at game or wherever
It's an old fat one. Can't remember hard drive size but think its the smallest one they did. 20 or 40 gb??

If the you are planning on trading in at has a CEX fairly close, Do yourself a favour and check online on the CEX site for trade in price, write it down and get game to price match. For example, Game were offering something like £16 trade in for "The last of us" CEX £30. Game price matched and add £1 to beat. Should see you get a fair bit more. :)

Have traded in a fair bit of my stuff for ps4 pre-order and so far have £136 off. Still need to trade in my ps3. Takes a nice big chunk out of the price. Other than GTA nothing on current gen I'm now looking forward too :)

Last edited:
Soldato
PS3 now, then PS4 next year when the price has come down? That way you won't be missing out on the PS3 library.

I can't see the PS4 price coming down anytime soon. £349 is lower than most peoples' expectations and lower than the xbox. It is also still the favourite choice by some way looking at pre-orders and the thread on here. Unless MS decide to also backtrack on the Kinect bundle and release a version without it and drop the price and offer a £280 basic verison, then I can't see Sony dropping the PS4 price.

Caporegime
Bit harsh, I've got the Kinect and the eye, as quite frankly I am a gadget tart with no self restraint who should know better.

They are both a waste of time.

I'll probably end up buying the eye for the 4 however, due to the above.
These devices clearly aren't aimed at the type of market these kind of forums cater for, they're aimed at casual gamers and families. I've got no interest in either of them at the moment but I'm not going to class either as gimmicky purely because they don't offer me anything yet. Perhaps now that MS are including the Kinect with the XBO developers will find new and interesting ways to use the technology that will appeal to us.

Soldato
In your uneducated opinion.

Having owned Kinect, Wii, and Eye. Yeah they are all naff.

Only thing worth playing was The Fight.

Wafting around in the living room to inaccurate games which artificially assist you is no longer cool. Even my mum has figured out its not actually her who made the game "win." The games do it for her.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having owned Kinect, Wii, and Eye. Yeah they are all naff.

Only thing worth playing was The Fight.

Wafting around in the living room to inaccurate games which artificially assist you is no longer cool. Even my mum has figured out its not actually her who made the game "win." The games do it for her.

wait are you telling me that i didn't get a perfect game in Wii Bowling :( and it was just the Wii

Caporegime
Even if kinect/move/wii got accurate and in any way remotely came close to matching what you do to whats happening on screen it MIGHT be worthwhile but the games used with it are rubbish and VERY basic and I can't see a single way that say, Mass Effect type game, or any fps, can be done with these control methods. I said somewhere else, potentially you could have a light gun type thing for accurate on screen aiming but you would be standing and could do things like throw grenades, or lean out from cover but it all seems entirely pointless to me.

Once again, as someone put it "punching air is **** " , if you want to box, get a heavy bag or go to a boxing gym, want to do some archery, go do it, you want to play a game, pick up a controller or mouse and keyboard and go ahead.

On price, I can see the PS4 price coming down pretty quickly, mostly based on what I think will be very quick and significant price cuts on the Xbox over its first year. They'll sell out preorders most likely, but sales outside of the guys who are desparate for one, like the Wii U will most likely suck pretty badly. I would say after 6 months they'd cave and match the PS4.... but after their most recent monumental complete turn around on the DRM.... I think we'll be seeing big price cuts(likely through rebates/deals/bundles rather than actually changing the RRP to save some face) after 2-3 months.

Soldato
Even if kinect/move/wii got accurate and in any way remotely came close to matching what you do to whats happening on screen it MIGHT be worthwhile but the games used with it are rubbish and VERY basic and I can't see a single way that say, Mass Effect type game, or any fps, can be done with these control methods.

Never played Killzone 3 with move then I guess.

Soldato
I've given them all a chance. They tend to be fun for a couple hours, then you never use the things again. Hell the only time I used my Wii was at a birthday party or at Christmas. Then everyone had used it and got bored so it sat there as a paper weight. Move didn't even make it to any party's lol. Kinect made it to one Christmas...

Soldato
Never played Killzone 3 with move then I guess.

I have.

It was naff. No matter how hard you try you can't get the pointer to line up to where you are actually aiming and it just an approximation based on where your position was when you did the calibration.

Soldato
I have.

It was naff. No matter how hard you try you can't get the pointer to line up to where you are actually aiming and it just an approximation based on where your position was when you did the calibration.

Clearly you haven't :) As it worked very very well.

Soldato
i have move, tbh it doesn't get used much, but when i do play game like Sports 2 its very accurate, the archery is great, and bowling really good fun, just a slight twist and the EYE picks it up.

I probably wont buy it again for PS4 as the EYE just collect's dust.

Associate
In total agreement about the motion controllers.

Our Wii got used for parties and then stuck back in the cupboard. Bought Kinect and simply didn't use it.... I won't bother with the next gen motion controllers, they're just a gimmick, kinda like those plastic guitars everyone had hooked up to their consoles a couple of years back.

Looking forward to trying the Sony exclusives that I've missed out on over the past few years!

Soldato
No.

Just no.

Moving a pointer to the edge of a screen to turn around is horrendous.

Well if you had played it the you would know changing the deadzone width makes turning around very snappy and no need to move the pointer to the edge of the screen.

I am sure there was complaints that move gave players an unfair advantage online such was how accurate and fast they could move to shoot etc.

Back
Top Bottom