*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
The problem is the devs are still going to use gimmicks. I've already seen that in Thief 4 you have to tilt the controller to dash and blow in the mic to snuff out candles, etc. :rolleyes:

Soldato
:confused: What's the problem with that? It more closely mirrors the real life action...

Or are you so insecure you can't possibly be seen "blowing' at your controller?

Do you get all shy when blowing out your birthday candles? :o

He's most likely not insecure at all.

Blowing onto a controller is weird, at least with REAL LIFE candles your actually blowing out a flame. It won't really make the game anymore immersive.

PS

With the amount of slavering you do on here I wouldn't let you near my controllers..

Associate
In total agreement about the motion controllers.

Our Wii got used for parties and then stuck back in the cupboard. Bought Kinect and simply didn't use it.... I won't bother with the next gen motion controllers, they're just a gimmick, kinda like those plastic guitars everyone had hooked up to their consoles a couple of years back.

Looking forward to trying the Sony exclusives that I've missed out on over the past few years!

At least the plastic guitars were fairly accurate (not counting input lag)

Caporegime
:confused: What's the problem with that? It more closely mirrors the real life action...

Or are you so insecure you can't possibly be seen "blowing' at your controller?

Do you get all shy when blowing out your birthday candles? :o

No, it's just weird.

Who wants to be doing all that motion stuff anyway when you can sit back and relax in a comfy chair with a beer? Little kids, most likely.

Soldato
No, it's just weird.

Who wants to be doing all that motion stuff anyway when you can sit back and relax in a comfy chair with a beer? Little kids, most likely.

You don't want games to be more immersive?

Oh right, "press B to blow out candle" is so much better!

I'll bet you a gazillion dollars that you don't lounge about comfortably when your playing a game, especially online. You'll undoubtedly be sitting hunched forward, arms on legs. You extremely unlikely to be lounging about with your back supported, bear in hand. (I would correct the spelling of this post but ios 7 doesn't let me. Eurghhh).

Soldato

I'll bet you a gazillion dollars that you don't lounge about comfortably when your playing a game, especially online. You'll undoubtedly be sitting hunched forward, arms on legs. You extremely unlikely to be lounging about with your back supported, bear in hand. (I would correct the spelling of this post but ios 7 doesn't let me. Eurghhh).

So please explain how blowing into your controller is more immersive?

I have eyefinity on my gaming rig and I class the additional 2 screens either side of me as adding extra immersion to my gaming experience. It feels like I'm more involved in the game. I do not see how blowing into my control pad can come close to this. It's so retarded it's verging on insulting :p

Also you refuse to believe people can lounge and play games :confused:

He wasn't referring to online but in any case I have played many a game of COD lying back on my bed :rolleyes:

Caporegime

The thing about games is that whilst we're directing the character's actions, the character is not supposed to be us. Therefore it does not make the game more immersive to have to take the same actions as our character is taking.

The characters we play are puppets on our strings. Pressing 'B' to have the character blow out a candle is just as valid as waving your arms around or blowing into the mic. And it's certainly less problematic.

In short, no it's not about immersion.

Soldato
The thing about games is that whilst we're directing the character's actions, the character is not supposed to be us. Therefore it does not make the game more immersive to have to take the same actions as our character is taking.

The characters we play are puppets on our strings. Pressing 'B' to have the character blow out a candle is just as valid as waving your arms around or blowing into the mic. And it's certainly less problematic.

In short, no it's not about immersion.

We'll blow me down, when I'm playing a game, I'm of the mindset that I AM the person that I am controlling... I don't think, oh I'm telling Solid Snake where to go, he'll be mad at me if I go the wrong way!

Why do my triggers vibrate when I fire a gun then, if I'm just "controlling the strings". Surely by your logic, that's retarded also?

Soldato
We'll blow me down, when I'm playing a game, I'm of the mindset that I AM the person that I am controlling... I don't think, oh I'm telling Solid Snake where to go, he'll be mad at me if I go the wrong way!

Why do my triggers vibrate when I fire a gun then, if I'm just "controlling the strings". Surely by your logic, that's retarded also?

No ones saying your opinion isn't valid fella.

It'll be in a minority now though, everyone's bored of the happy clapping, wafting and pretending that you are doing banal stuff by doing vague actions that aren’t really relevant.

Caporegime
What does any of this have to do with the PS4 again?

Both consoles have a camera attachment? Thankfully the PS4 isn't going to force it on us, tho. So we can probably avoid the worst of all these problems.

I feel a bit sorry for the X1 users tho.... they'll need stand on one foot, rub their nose and sing 'Barbie Girl' every time they want to reload ;)

Soldato
Well the whole page of bickering seems to have started from something about "blowing on the controller" which is impossible to implement anyway because the controller has a speaker, not a microphone.

Soldato
Both consoles have a camera attachment? Thankfully the PS4 isn't going to force it on us, tho. So we can probably avoid the worst of all these problems.

I feel a bit sorry for the X1 users tho.... they'll need stand on one foot, rub their nose and sing 'Barbie Girl' every time they want to reload ;)

:D hahaha this made my actually LOL at work really loud.

Back
Top Bottom