*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Associate
You might as well pre order as much as you can. Then if you find you don't have as much money or your situation has changed, just cancel some things.

I've got a ps4, killzone, destiny, the order, bf4, the division and thief. I'm not planning on getting them all, but then if I have the money then I will. Just want them to confirm a release date so I can book time off.

Caporegime
I really don't like purchasing Ubisoft games just because of the contempt they hold PC gamers in, I will however probably pick up The Division because, well it looks amaze balls.

I'll probably hold off Watch Dogs though.

Might give Battle Field 4 a go, depends how many people I know that play it (and if there are plenty of people on here to play with) but I'm not going to be getting Call of Duty, I'm not buying a new generation console and playing a game that's using an engine older than the kids that play it.

Caporegime
i wasn't going to pre-order because i expected it to be £400-£450.

once they revealed it would be £350 max i pre-ordered straight away.

tbh i haven't even looked into what games are going to be available other than seeing a few trailers for watch dogs which looks amazing.

will most likely just wait for games to come out on psn+ unless it's yearly refresh like fifa and cod as well as must buy's like GTA, Saint's Row, Red Dead Redemption and UFC.

i dont like single player games unless they are sandbox open world type games, mainly just a multiplayer only gamer.

Soldato
Grow a pair man!

What you gonna do. Pay £400 job done or sit and wait all through christmas looking at reviews and videos longing for the day you can get one, and then eventually give in and go and get one for..........£400.

People are dreaming if they think Sony are going to drop prices right after christmas. They are already on a loss, they wont hurt themselves even more. Most you'll get is an extra game chucked in.

Even if it does drop in price, what will it drop by... £20? £30? People are going to wait 6 months to save less than 10%. Nah forget that, gimme my PS4!

The longer I wait to sell my PS3 the more value it will lose anyway :)

Caporegime
You might as well pre order as much as you can. Then if you find you don't have as much money or your situation has changed, just cancel some things.

I've got a ps4, killzone, destiny, the order, bf4, the division and thief. I'm not planning on getting them all, but then if I have the money then I will. Just want them to confirm a release date so I can book time off.

The division and destiny aren't launch titles.

Soldato
Just had a chat with my other half this morning about getting a PlayStation 4.

Ordinarily I would get it at launch, but as I have my 2nd child due at the end of October I thought it only fair and sensible to have a chat with her first. So, I shall be getting one next March instead when my bonus is due! WAHOO!

Really looking forward to switching back to PlayStation after about 7 years with xbox/xbox 360.

On the list to get will definitley be Killzone: Shadow Fall and Infamous: Second Son looks cool. I love CoD and FIFA as well so will most likely pick up one or both of them as well, but as I've played them over the last few years so I may give them a miss this time around. It'll be nice to play something a bit different, and if Killzone is good online then I won't miss CoD.

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a chat with my other half this morning about getting a PlayStation 4.

Ordinarily I would get it at launch, but as I have my 2 child due at the end of October I thought it only fair and sensible to have a chat with her first. So, I shall be getting one next March instead when my bonus is due! WAHOO!

Really looking forward to switching back to PlayStation after about 7 years with xbox/xbox 360.

On the list to get will definitley be Killzone: Shadow Fall and Infamous: Second Son looks cool. I love CoD and FIFA as well so will most likely pick up one or both of them as well, but as I've played them over the last few years so I may give them a miss this time around. It'll be nice to play something a bit different, and if Killzone is good online then I won't miss CoD.

You should get one and say "oh thats not new its been in the wardrobe for ages" :D

Soldato
Im liking that the release date is looking like being a couple of weeks before the Xbox which will certainly help me not to buy both consoles on launch. I was really worried it would be 3-4 weeks after xbox and id succumb and buy both.

Back
Top Bottom