*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
I'm undecided on the release title, also do people feel dirty buying a full priced FIFA? I just couldn't do it, I'm still playing FIFA 11 that cost me a £1

Soldato
I'm undecided on the release title, also do people feel dirty buying a full priced FIFA? I just couldn't do it, I'm still playing FIFA 11 that cost me a £1

I'm still playing fifa 11 as well. No idea why I would upgrade to the newest one for however much it is!... It is practically the same game.

Caporegime
As sad as it is, I had a dream about pre-ordering the PS4 last night :p Was in Tesco, and the price was £316. I tried to haggle to get another controller, but instead they put the price up to £399.

That's pretty accurate for a dream, eh? At least I can confirm there will be plenty of stock at launch - the shelves were stacked pretty high :p

Soldato
Have any details emerged about the streaming service? I presume there's no real way for them to know who still owns what PS3 games so its going to be either a subscription service or purchase of individual titles? I'm just trying to work out if its worth me buying a PS3 just for Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream games. I won't bother if there's a way for me to play/purchase them on the PS4.

Man of Honour
yeah they've made it so causal players cant use it. you need to dedicate some serious time to it now to learn how to defend. it's turd.

Defending really isn't hard, the only stupid thing about it (and it is pretty bad) is the hidden system that gives you random advantages and essentially rigs the game. It's pathetic.

Soldato
An awful lot more than that. To suggest it's basically the same game is ignorant in the extreme.

It is a football simulator, featuring teams playing against each other. It has reached a level where new ones are adding nothing, in fact I would say they reached it about 5 years ago....I don't play often, but if I did want to play a few games of Fifa at some point, I would see no reason to get the new one over any other from the last 5 years.

edit- actually iirc, they messed one up, and it was really bad compared to the others?

Soldato
It is a football simulator, featuring teams playing against each other. It has reached a level where new ones are adding nothing, in fact I would say they reached it about 5 years ago....I don't play often, but if I did want to play a few games of Fifa at some point, I would see no reason to get the new one over any other from the last 5 years.

edit- actually iirc, they messed one up, and it was really bad compared to the others?

Absolute nonsense, just an ill thought out opinion. Granted, 12-13 was not a huge difference but 11-12 was a big overhaul and is a completely different game from Fifa 11 which was a pretty scripted experience. Most fifa players are happy to pay the launch price as it will keep them going for a year till the next one (the same way COD or BF players do).

Man of Honour

So you're taking a very simplistic view of it then, as I suspected. If you only play the odd game now and again - and don't even own the new one, then you might not appreciate what they improve, but they do make fairly big improvements to the gameplay, as well as the amount of features in the game.

You can say: "I'm not buying the new one as I only play the odd game here and there", but for people who play more often it has definitely improved in many areas. Don't try and kid yourself into thinking it's the same game, rebadged. It isn't.

The only big problem I can think of is when you could control the goalkeeper in online matches, and that meant your defence went into AI godmode and was a pain, but they removed it fairly quickly.

Caporegime
Absolute nonsense, just an ill thought out opinion. Granted, 12-13 was not a huge difference but 11-12 was a big overhaul and is a completely different game from Fifa 11 which was a pretty scripted experience. Most fifa players are happy to pay the launch price as it will keep them going for a year till the next one (the same way COD or BF players do).
Theres a big difference between 12-13, 13s crap, 12 isnt :p. First touch my arse :eek:

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom